What's new

Masculinity

I do wear a goatee, but I shave because it makes me feel clean. I don't do it to impress anyone or to please anyone other than myself. Growing a beard does not make you masculine. Being a "dad" makes you masculine, not fathering untold children. Holding the door for a lady makes you masculine. Being respectful makes you masculine.

Here is a definition:

of traditional manly character: having traits or qualities traditionally associated with men or boys rather than women or girls

Being a gentleman makes you masculine. It's not your muscles. Not your ability to toss a football 50 yards, or to hit homeruns. Masculinity comes from inside.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
I do wear a goatee, but I shave because it makes me feel clean. I don't do it to impress anyone or to please anyone other than myself. Growing a beard does not make you masculine. Being a "dad" makes you masculine, not fathering untold children. Holding the door for a lady makes you masculine. Being respectful makes you masculine.

Here is a definition:

of traditional manly character: having traits or qualities traditionally associated with men or boys rather than women or girls

Being a gentleman makes you masculine. It's not your muscles. Not your ability to toss a football 50 yards, or to hit homeruns. Masculinity comes from inside.

Randy

Exactly! I actually have a chin goatee (no moustache) and the Mrs. tolerates it :biggrin:
But I shave because I like to have a clean crisp appearance....it's like making sure I have a fresh haircut.
-Sean

I get more kisses from my fiance now that I shave every day.

And you can take that to the bank. :biggrin:

Also, some people grow less facial hair than others. It doesn't make them less masculine.

I view my masculinity, when it comes to shaving, to how often I get laid. Sorry for my frankness, but frankly that's how it is. When I grow a mustache or even worse- a beard my wife is hands off. So, for me at least, it is a BBS face every day to preserve my masculinity.

Hair is that, just hair. What makes you masculine is...YOU!

Go out there, be yourself, and most of all be confident. All facial hair does is alter other's visual perception of you...until you talk that is.

Of course if you want to try the "Al Borland" look, go right ahead. One of my past GFs found a well trimmed full beard incredibly sexy...so I went around looking like a lumberjack for a while.

Top Bottom