What's new

Marvis toothpaste?

Has anyone tried Marvis toothpaste?

I just found out about it, and decided to indulge a bit by ordering their seven pack of travel toothpastes. The tubes look like oil paints, and are priced just the same, but I figure it's worth the cost to find out what the heck an amarelli licorice flavored toothpaste tastes like. Or "aquatic mint," or "jasmine mint." I don't expect to ditch my $3 tubes of Colgate any time soon, but I'm looking forward to trying something new, if only just this once.

I hear the minty-ness is quite intense. Any fans?

I’ve tried a couple of different kinds. I’m not a fan, but mostly because I’m used to the thinner consistency of Colgate (yep, me too, THDN). They have some interesting flavors, tho, and I use what I have from time to time. Some of their flavors are limited editions, so you have to grab those when you see them if you’re interested. The last Marvin’s I got was at Beseme Mucho in Key West. That place has some interesting shaving gear as well (including SMN), so if you’re on a cruise or just there for vacation, it’s worth checking out.

I have the aquatic mint. I use a lot less and it’s lasted awhile. Found it on sale at Italian barber awhile ago. I like it, clean flavor, not over minty, and keeps my chompers clean.

Some of their flavors are limited editions, so you have to grab those when you see them if you’re interested.

Yeah, they have a "Wonders of The World" series with three limited editions.

Royal – A toothpaste with a unique, sophisticated flavor combining zesty italian lemon oil, tangerines. Fragrant rose extract and nutmeg. This blend enhanced with mint creates an exclusive sensation with an exhilarating tangy taste.

Rambas – A toothpaste has a fruity, velvety taste that combines ripe peach and sweet pineapple with a twist of sweet Alphonso mango. A rich aroma of mint creates a lasting sensation of vibrant freshness.

Karakum – A toothpaste with a sophisticated flavor that combines the finest peppermint with the sweetness of orange juice along with the enchanting and aromatic cardamom, a rare oriental spice to create a lasting sensation of alluring freshness.

I'm having a hard time with the idea of orange juice flavored toothpaste. That just doesn't sound right. Lol.

I bought a tube of Marvis Mint earlier this year thinking it would be a high quality product worth trying. It filled my cart at Italian Barber to get free shipping. When it arrived, my wife immediately told me I should not use it because it contained sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS). I don't know much about SLS, but looked it up, and like most things, I guess it can be debated how bad SLS is for you and how much brushing your teeth exposes you to it. The thing is I thought Marvis was only OK and because I have a bad liver, I decided to follow my wife's recommendation to stay away from it. Besides we have been using Dr. Sheffields. I found it only at CVS. It is all natural and works outstanding. I would highly recommend trying Dr. Sheffields if you are looking to experiment.
Steve

50+ years, and not a single dentist has handed me a tube of this on the way out the door.

I can't imagine the formulation is as good as the typical mass produced stuff, which can come in many varieties, like plaque control, sensitive tooth, gum health, etc. There is a whitening mint version, but it doesn't have interesting flavors. With my teeth, I don't think it would be good to use any of these exclusively, as I like to use sodium flouride toothpastes.

I’ve been meaning to ask my dentist if those samples they give out are gratis from the company or does the dentist have to buy them? For years my dentist has given me a little bag at the end of every appointment. It has been an Oral B brush and a little sample sized tube of Colgate accompanied by a small bit of dental floss. Either way, it doesn’t seem likely that they’d give an expensive product like Marvin’s that isn’t readily available. Maybe I’ll ask him next time I see him.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Fluoride toothpaste? :lol:

7A15230C-657A-4145-AD6E-7D1EF06581C4.jpeg
I’ve been meaning to ask my dentist if those samples they give out are gratis from the company or does the dentist have to buy them? For years my dentist has given me a little bag at the end of every appointment. It has been an Oral B brush and a little sample sized tube of Colgate accompanied by a small bit of dental floss. Either way, it doesn’t seem likely that they’d give an expensive product like Marvin’s that isn’t readily available. Maybe I’ll ask him next time I see him.

Dentists don't hand out fancy toothpaste for the same reasons that dermatologists don't hand out bars of fancy artisan soap. The artisan stuff is not economical, not able to be sourced in bulk, and is usually not tested/certified/approved/etc. by whatever entity makes the call on what should be professionally recommended to consumers.

I tried the green and black and wasn't impressed. Marvis is owned by Martelli (Proraso) that's the reason we find them on wet shaving sites.

I've read that some insurance companies are sending out internet enabled toothbrushes that log how long and how well you brush your teeth. Sometimes "free" isn't.

I've read that some insurance companies are sending out internet enabled toothbrushes that log how long and how well you brush your teeth. Sometimes "free" isn't.
Well that sucks. Kinda like the Allstate app that keeps up with your driving habits so that they can ‘reward’ you for safe driving. When do they start penalizing you for poor habits??

I got my toothpaste, today. I tried the Amarelli Licorice variety. I have to say, it's underwhelming. There is just a light, sort of indeterminate flavor of something sweet. I wouldn't have identified it as licorice without being told. Five minutes after brushing, the clean, fresh feeling started to wear off. I guess that's why toothpastes are normally minty. This particular variety is the only one that isn't minty. I'll be trying out the other six flavors over the next few days.

Regarding electric toothbrushes, my dentist recommended me something that I really enjoy, and I recommend it to others. For $28 you can buy this Fairywill toothbrush on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Toothbrush-R...3&keywords=fairywill+electric+toothbrush&th=1

It has six modes, but defaults to whichever one you like, every time you turn it on. It runs for two minutes, with a pause every thirty-seconds, to help you manage the time effectively. Simple, with no fuss! The caveat with this toothbrush is that it makes a mess, but it's waterproof for use in the shower. According to my dentist, "it's a messy toothbrush, but it works very effectively when used as designed." I've been using it for the past month, and I really like it.

Well that sucks. Kinda like the Allstate app that keeps up with your driving habits so that they can ‘reward’ you for safe driving. When do they start penalizing you for poor habits??
They and Geico already are. You get the default crummy expensive rate unless their Big Brother apparatus deems you a "safe" driver. With the Geico Big Brother apparatus, literally tapping your brakes too abruptly a few times in a month is enough to default you to the crummy rate.

Another Big Brother move: health insurance companies (I'm looking at you, Humana) that require you to have an annual blood screen and BMI calculation under the phony guise of "Wellness" programs.

Top Bottom