What's new

Marvel or DC?....Go.

Marvel. When I was a comic buying lad, they had the best titles. Batman and Superman were too goofy and campy at the time. I loved Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Sub-Mariner, Thor, and I even subscribed to Marvel Team-Up (individual story issues with Spidey and special guest hero) which came rolled up in brown paper every month. I also bought a LOT of Classics Illustrated. DC did do a great Shadow reboot in the 1970's.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
One of my favorite bad guys is in DC...Solomon Grundy. Not many heroes or villains can go toe to toe with Superman and come out on top...but Grundy can!

Superman is basically too super. Remember when he started? "Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound"? That became "he can fly" ... that became "he can fly in space so fast he changes the rotation of the planet and turns back time" ...

If he's invincible ... unstoppable ... what challenge is there for him in facing the bad guy?
Yep. Too Super.

Exactly . . . there is actually a pretty interesting piece on the dangers of Superman pro-creating with a non-Kryptonian. without getting too graphic, lets just say that the non-"super" side of the equation does not fare well.
Larry Niven's fun little speculation, "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex"!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Whichever one of them that had Sgt. Rock.

That was DC. Also good.

Still; hard to beat the Howlers.

proxy.php

AA

Ah. Alien vs. Predator! Came much later.

AA
Yeah, they did a lot of movie and tv show covers. Star Wars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Godzilla, Indian Jones, and others. They also did Sin City, Barb Wire, Out of the Vortex, X, Grendel, Ghost in the Shell, Oh my Goddess!, and Harlan Ellison's Dream Corridor.

They did come much later, late enough for me to start at the beginning. :)

Top Bottom