What's new

Martin de Candre

Ah. Thanks. I don't really like mint but hear such good things. Ah well it was a ways down the to buy list because of price anyway.

Ah. Thanks. I don't really like mint but hear such good things. Ah well it was a ways down the to buy list because of price anyway.
I would recommend you try and get a sample of the soap as the smell really is unique, and not minty in my eyes. MdC also has the Fougere which might be better suited towards what you like?

$savon-a-raser-1-m.jpg=View attachment 351038

I do want to try a sample someday either way.

I do think the fougere might be very nice, but for some reason I thought that was no longer available?

Definitely not minty. I read somewhere on the forum that the fougere would become a regular. I guess there was a poll on their facebook about it. Their fougere smelled differently than I expected.

I didn't know gary carried it. Dont see it on his blog page so maybe I will write and ask. Sounds good to sample.

As an example I am referencing the 50mg version of the soap available on Jason's website and comparing it to the direct MdC site:

Jason's website was $40 shipped in the U.S. (now he has a combo with floid blue AS)
MdC website wanted 38.45 Euros (or $50.22) shipped to the US.

So how do you figure buying direct from MdC is cheaper?

What I like to do when I purchase goods is to work out the best possible deal for myself and my family as appropriate. I evaluate my immediate, short term, and longer range needs. I don't focus on the worst case scenario, which to me is meaningless, as I would never choose it. The only worse deal you could quote beyond ordering the 50 gram jar direct from MdC would be to order a bar of soap direct. Maximize the cost per gram rather than minimize it.

In my case, to meet my requirements for MdC products, I sought the sweet spot to minimize cost per gram. Going direct saved me considerable coin and allowed me to add some treats for the wife. They also threw in samples. She is happy, I am happy, and in the bigger picture funds saved can be redirected to other aspects of this activity we enjoy.

I spend rather freely on my shaving activities but there is no way I would ever spend as much as $40 US for 50 grams of soap. Presumably Jason does well and is all the better for it. He provides a service that benefits his clientele who believe that cost to product ratio is reasonable. If your only going to use 50 grams of soap he is the route to go, otherwise doing some further analysis may give you a different conclusion. I hope to be around shaving for a lot more than 50 grams worth. As always, YMWV.

What I like to do when I purchase goods is to work out the best possible deal for myself and my family as appropriate. I evaluate my immediate, short term, and longer range needs. I don't focus on the worst case scenario, which to me is meaningless, as I would never choose it. The only worse deal you could quote beyond ordering the 50 gram jar direct from MdC would be to order a bar of soap direct. Maximize the cost per gram rather than minimize it.

In my case, to meet my requirements for MdC products, I sought the sweet spot to minimize cost per gram. Going direct saved me considerable coin and allowed me to add some treats for the wife. They also threw in samples. She is happy, I am happy, and in the bigger picture funds saved can be redirected to other aspects of this activity we enjoy.

I spend rather freely on my shaving activities but there is no way I would ever spend as much as $40 US for 50 grams of soap. Presumably Jason does well and is all the better for it. He provides a service that benefits his clientele who believe that cost to product ratio is reasonable. If your only going to use 50 grams of soap he is the route to go, otherwise doing some further analysis may give you a different conclusion. I hope to be around shaving for a lot more than 50 grams worth. As always, YMWV.

Well next time you're ordering some MdC let me know, perhaps you'll allow me to join in on the MdC action.

Thread resurrection!
Just wanted to point out that the € is very close to the $ for anyone thinking of ordering.

Top Bottom