What's new

Martin de Candre

The site says it ships directly from France. Economy shipping is $21 and Priority is $26.

Shipping is based on the weight of the order up to 15kg

So I guess you could load up on other stuff if you wanted to.

My bad...I didn't realize that the product ships from France. :thumbdown

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
On the French shaving forums, this stuff is better than gold. I tried it and I don't like the scent. Fortunatly, someone sent me a sample from their soap for me to try instead of buying a whole puck.

If you get it, you might enjoy the scent but, YMMV!

This may be an old post, but just thought I'd share my experience (little experience) with mdc.

I'm here in Paris for work and stopped by a local shave shop and after talking to the guy for awhile, I can certainly vouch that they view this stuff as "gold"

He ranted and raved, showed me articles and all sorts, needless to say, I picked up a large (and expensive) puck of it.

My wife gave me a bowl awhile ago. I use it regularly and still is almost to the top. It is strange looking like hardened cottage cheese but is a great shaver.
She ordered from France at their MC shop

I use MdC for my Shaves, is one of the better soaps I've tried EVER. It's a very simple soap, only natural ingredients, it gives lather as Tabac,....and the lubrication is optimal.

The scent is as the wine, it's better in a long time,....let the soap tin OPENED for well drying the soap, and you can find that the balsamic and spicy notes of scent are better day by day

I wrote a post about some popular soaps: MWF, MdC and Tabac

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129038

I gotta say, dont know why...strongly leaning toward a bowl of this stuff...just feel like I need it for my soap collection! :lol:

i got a PIF sample of MdC and after hearing mixed reviews wasn't expecting much. i was pleasantly surprised by the thick effortless lather and unique scent.

i wish it were less expensive. it goes against my grain to pay more in shipping than you do for the product. still, it's a very unique product. i just wish it was easier to obtain

Anyone who buys this soap will NOT be disappointed by the performance. You get thick, slick lather for a minimum of effort. This is probably the best-lathering soap I've ever tried.

The scent is hit or miss, though. I absolutely hated it. Sort of an industrial, chemical awfulness.

Top Bottom