What's new

Martin de Candre Rose

So... first shave with this soap today. Scent was wonderful when I smelled it at Pasture Pharmacy in NYC but I had a budget set while there. Fast forward a month and I had to order it because I love a Rose scent. Shaved today with it the first time. Equipment used was...
Brush: Simpson's Chubby 2 Super
Blade: Astra SP x1
Bowl: GP (which wasn't used because the face lather was superb!)
Razor: Timeless Titanium .95 open comb.

Observations are as follow...

Scent is a complex Rose but more bouquet of Rose's in your face but very masculine. Love this.
Brush used was a Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger very luxurious brush I'm still breaking in. Razor: Timeless Titanium .95 open comb.

2 pass shave with 1 pickup spot. First pass was with the grain and second pass was against the grain because the first pass was so good!
Expensive soap...yes. But even with a lather monster like a Chubby 2 Super I didnt need near as much loading time as other soaps. It's a very hard soap and will last for years.
Post shave was excellent. I used the leftover lather (Lots) as a postshave.
Is it worth the cash?? I definitely think so. Great shaves, Yes. Lots of product, Yes. Price per excellent shave, Yes. This tub will last me several years using it 2-3 times a week.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Nice review. I have 3 MdC soaps and use them regularly in my rotation, but as you pointed out, they will no doubt last me many years.

I received my fifth jar of MdC yesterday--Original. I now have all five flavors, and like them all, though Rose and Fougere are just a notch above, to my nose. I'm pretty sure I could live out the rest of my days, shaving every day, using only these five jars, and never run out...

I received my fifth jar of MdC yesterday--Original. I now have all five flavors, and like them all, though Rose and Fougere are just a notch above, to my nose. I'm pretty sure I could live out the rest of my days, shaving every day, using only these five jars, and never run out...
But will you? :001_rolle

Man, I love a good rose scent, and had to think long and hard about not getting my first MdC in rose - I opted for Fougere because I already have Oleo’s Rougere (recomended). It should be in this week (the Fougere). I can’t wait.

Nice review - thanks.

MdC is great soap no doubt.

I'm not sure about rose though, no idea what would I expect from that one?
It doesn't exactly sound like it would be "masculine" scent now does it?

I traded Fougere as the scent wasn't right for me, quite enjoy using "Agrumes" and have "Vetyver" on it's way to me, quite curious about scent on this one. Someone mentioned to me that it's similar to Fine Green Vetiver which I quite enjoy, so I ended up ordering it.

Thank you for your great review, The Rose sounds fantastic! Do you or any other of the users have a preference for a AS or cologne to compliment the scent?

Can anyone give their thoughts on SV Felce Aromatica vs MdC Fougere? Pretty similar or quite a bit different?

Top Bottom