What's new

Martin de Candre in stock at Pasteur Pharmacy 34th St

30C78DD4-7265-4CB8-9413-DB49AAD46B85.jpeg
i was in Pasteur Pharmacy today and I noticed they had a stock of Martin de Candre soaps on the shelf with a “new in stock” sign attached. They had four different soaps in stock.

Two were priced at $36.49
One was priced at $61.49
One was priced at a whopping $76.49

Curious what these soaps are and why they are so expensive.

Which one? And why so expensive.

i've never used it but from things i've seen posted here and on youtube everyone says it's a top tier performer. And for price & value, they say the containers are large and filled all the way to the brim with extremely hard as a rock soap....which means it just keeps going and going and going and never seems to disappear. people report having their jars for years. if you use a rotation of different soaps, one jar could wind up lasting a lifetime.

The limited edition could be Fougère...
That is like 30$ cheaper over here in Europe... New York prices that is...
And the soap really is a top performer. Not necessarily a 70+$ top performer but still! Scent on the Fougére is beautiful, different than others...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Those prices are not bad for the states. Shipping MdC from France usually runs $20. That always inflates the price of MdC.

I assume the high dollar is Rose. Its filled with 200 grams of very hard soap. I did an experiment, and with a Plisson synthetic, I required 15 swirls to load enough soap for a 3 pass shave. You really do not use any at all. Per the instructions, whe. I needed more lather I just dipped the tips in water and more lather appeared out of no where. I didnt think there was any soap left on the brush.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I ordered two (unscented) from France last time - $96 including shipping to my door and a sample of bath soap.

That's what I did Leon was nice, said he will ship me out some at their next delivery. [emoji106]

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Just an FYI I ordered the Mdc soaps for pastuers they are currently on their way they will carry 200gm jars of all scents. Should arrive in the next few days. Regarding prices. Those prices are pretty good considering the price it costs to ship the soaps. And also the wholesale pricing on these soaps isn’t the same as most other soaps. That why they prices are where they are. Currently pastuers is the only brick and mortar store in United States that is an official retailer for Martin de Candre.

Top Bottom