What's new

Marketing mistake: not cool

I remember using the Nivea MILD A/S balm 2 years ago ; it was very good for me because I have dry skin, very moisturizing; heck, It was even more moisturizing than the Sensitive version
However, for some reason, they have reformulated this product (apparently, they like to do that at Nivea, for some reason...) ; they have removed the emollient ingredients (and don't tell me that those marine extracts are moisturizing), and with ALCOHOL DENAT. as one of the top ingredients...
The product is labeled "for normal to dry skin" ; doesn't look good

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Distarch Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Panthenol, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Creatine, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Ubiquinone, Propylene Glycol, Oyster Shell Extract, Sea Silt Extract, Cyclohexasiloxane, Triceteareth-4 Phosphate, Carbmoer, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate

What do u think?

Wow it even includes 'Creatine', maybe for helping your face bulk up?? ;)

But seriously, I use Nivea extra sensitive shave balm aftershave, as it is all I have ever found available, just right down the road...and it works ok. I am still searching for something that works perfectly. Of course ;)

Rafikz (what is your name?),

I have found that the Kanwa aftershave balm is extremely mild. I have especially sensitive skin and will usually hava reaction to most a/s that other guys swear by.

Other than Kanwa, I've been mostly disappointed in most a/s.

In fact, I am currently in the process of making my own a/s containing aloe, witch hazel, jojaba, glycerin, rosehip oil, lavender and rosewater.

-joedy

The Baxter ASB is one of the best products I've tried in a while - good cooling and moisturizing effect.

Try Scotto's a/s product sampler - a great way to test a bunch of stuff without having to pull the plug on the full size.

The other product that I recommend for sensitive skin is the Jason line of products - I use their Tea Tree Soothing Gel, which includes aloe, witch hazel, glycerine, arnica and marigold. There's also a smidge of menthol for a cooling effect. Also, at $5 to $6 for 4oz, its pretty cheap stuff and a little goes a long way.

Joedy said:
Rafikz (what is your name?),

I have found that the Kanwa aftershave balm is extremely mild. I have especially sensitive skin and will usually hava reaction to most a/s that other guys swear by.

Other than Kanwa, I've been mostly disappointed in most a/s.

In fact, I am currently in the process of making my own a/s containing aloe, witch hazel, jojaba, glycerin, rosehip oil, lavender and rosewater.

-joedy

Kanwa??? never heard of it....are we still talking about the Nivea Mild??

No, not still talking about Nivea Mild. Kanwa is made by Feather. Available from some of the online stores. I think it is being suggested as an alternative since you are dissappointed with the new Nivea Mild.

Btw, I'm not nuts about the new formulation of Mild either. Think I will just go back to the Sensitive.

Kanwa has a very faint peppermint smell without the typical burning sensation associated with the qualities of the more intense and concentrated peppermint essential oil. The initial scent dissipates in about 1 minute after application, which is nice if you do not enjoy a/s and cologne competition.

You can find Kanwa at www.ClassicShaving.com

It is very inexpensive at $20 for 250ml which will likely last you at least a year of daily use. A nice part about the Kanwa product is that the pump is calibrated to give the proper amount with a single press of the pump, which prevents wasted product.

-joedy

Joedy said:
Kanwa has a very faint peppermint smell without the typical burning sensation associated with the qualities of the more intense and concentrated peppermint essential oil.

You can find Kanwa at www.ClassicShaving.com

It is very inexpensive at $20 for 250ml which will likely last you at least a year of daily use. A nice part about the Kanwa product is that the pump is calibrated to give the proper amount with a single press of the pump, which prevents wasted product.

-joedy

I used this for the firts time yesterday. I like it very much, very gentle and soothing. The pump is a great idea, the amount of times i've poured too much asb out of a glass bottle. Often too much aftershave caused me more irritation than solved it.

Since about a week I have included a Nivea Extra Mild AS balm to my shaving routine, however I find I get better results when only applying the alum block and after letting this dry on my face use a special cooling moisturizing cream.

For some reason my neck gets a little more sensitive to touch if I apply this Nivea AS after the alum block compared to only the alum block.

Ashe said:
Since about a week I have included a Nivea Extra Mild AS balm to my shaving routine, however I find I get better results when only applying the alum block and after letting this dry on my face use a special cooling moisturizing cream.

For some reason my neck gets a little more sensitive to touch if I apply this Nivea AS after the alum block compared to only the alum block.

Ashe, I guess the European version has a different formulation than the north american one

Not alcohol BASED since the primary ingredient is water, that's still dominant, however the alcohol is SECOND on the list, which means is the second most abundant ingredient... So yeah, it's going to have a fair amount of alcohol content. Just in case there was some confusion, "alcohol denat." just means "Denatured Alcohol"... Basically it's Alcohol (ethanol) that's been "poisoned" so that you can't drink it.. ;)

rusirius said:
Not alcohol BASED since the primary ingredient is water, that's still dominant, however the alcohol is SECOND on the list, which means is the second most abundant ingredient... So yeah, it's going to have a fair amount of alcohol content. Just in case there was some confusion, "alcohol denat." just means "Denatured Alcohol"... Basically it's Alcohol (ethanol) that's been "poisoned" so that you can't drink it.. ;)

tks

Top Bottom