What's new

March reminder

As I spent more time here and in the Soap thread I thought I would add a little reminder to the Barber Shop posting. If it isn't allowed feel free to delete. March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. 3 years and 2 days ago I was released from the hospital after having 1/3 of my colon removed. No symptoms of consequence other than I was tired and barely anemic. In fact the MD had just written a script for iron pills and casually mentioned I should get a colonoscopy sometime as I was now eligible after recently turning 50. Since it was covered by the insurance I had them schedule me. Awoke to the MD telling SWMBO something about a large mass. The testing began and not long after it was a trip to the surgeon. All that to say...Screening can save your life. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for the ones you love.

Thanks for the reminder @Mr5x5! Visited my Dr. on another matter, but this came up. I will be getting a colonoscopy here in the next few months. Because I am just starting a new job tomorrow, I need to get some things settled there first before I take any time off.

Top Bottom