What's new

March Meerschaum Madness

Well I started using another pipe. A new to me IMP billiard with silver rim cap. Got some Comoy's cask no 11 in this bad boy and its tasting oh so good!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457215276.800948.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
No, not another Baki. Not yet, anyhow. I'm jonesin' for another one, but I went a different way, this time.

Excellent idea this. My 2 meers get used far less than they deserve, therefore I am in.
This month will be spenden with some Turkisch Meerschaum:
$20160304_214625.jpg

and a Manx African Meerschaum:
$20160304_214538.jpg

Just a newb question here. How much should I spend on a meer if I wanna try an entry level meerschaum pipe?

Should I just try a falcon with a meers bowl? I'm guessing its cheaper..

thx
M

Just a newb question here. How much should I spend on a meer if I wanna try an entry level meerschaum pipe?

Should I just try a falcon with a meers bowl? I'm guessing its cheaper..

thx
M

That can depend. You can find meers on eBay for 40+ range but the quality isn't going to be as good as a know carver.

A meer bowl on a falcon can be a good idea so that you don't have to plug down a bunch of money on a new pipe you may not like.

I've never smoked a falcon with meer bowl though.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Wonderful pipes, Wilfredio!

Marcus, yes, meer prices tend to be all over the place, but you tend to get what you pay for. You really want block meerschaum, because anything else is just pressed dust. I believe the Falcon bowls are block. I've never smoked a Falcon at all, much less with a meerschaum bowl, so I cannot comment on what sort of smoke to expect.

I've heard decent things about turkishmeerschaumpipes.com, and all their listings are OBO. It might be worth making an offer.

Top Bottom