What's new

March Meerschaum Madness

Hey all, been super busy...but snagged some time to celebrate MMM today.
20190311_183304-01.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I’m thinking Momoyama is the one tin that will never come between my grubby little fingers:lol:.

I’m thinking Momoyama is the one tin that will never come between my grubby little fingers:lol:.
Momoyama is pretty much extinct unless you happen on some vintage.
Yep. Gone a long time - before hoarding was as prevalent as it is now - so it's damn near impossible to find. I was gifted a small sample by Ouch a few years ago, and it was very tasty stuff. Not world-changing, or something I'd feel the need to quest for, but quite tasty nonetheless.

Picked this one up past weekend. Probably made by the Laxey Pipe Ltd. on the Isle of Man, for a Belgian tobacco-company Vander Elst. From the looks of the bowl's inside and the smoking channel it's hardly ever been smoked.

Chatham Manor in the LVC.

How do you like the Chatham Manor? I have a tub but I'm on the fence about it. Its no Carter Hall, but I think it still might be a serviceable smoke and a good mixer. I might just have to adjust my expectations and have another go at it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
How do you like the Chatham Manor? I have a tub but I'm on the fence about it. Its no Carter Hall, but I think it still might be a serviceable smoke and a good mixer. I might just have to adjust my expectations and have another go at it.

Try this. Open the lid, close your eyes and take a big slow whiff of the Chatham Manor and tell me if you can't smell, deep, rich chocolate notes. I sure can. :) I read when Russ blended CM, he had CH in mind, but CM is way smoother to me then CH. But I have never been a big Burley guy, so I might not be appreciating Carter Hall like it deserves. :)

She's your better half. :) Noticed the pistol in your avatar, you a gun guy?
Thats an anime guy but yes I am a gun guy. Miss living in the country and shooting off my deck but alas, the farmer behind my parents' house sold and is condos now. There was a state range now far from my apartment in college and went 3-4 times a week. Now I'm lucky to shoot twice a year besides hunting.

Top Bottom