What's new

March Meerschaum Madness

F&K Lancer Slices in a CAO Meer. Dietz lantern due to a brief (hopefully) power outage.. In like a out like a lion MI spring - snow ❄️ predicted for Saturday...

74E807C7-16FB-4BE9-90E9-7A0CBE1F42DA.jpeg

36BCD570-7E11-4247-8CA8-B7BCAD038D37.jpeg It’s all good. Michiganders are tough. Know your heart lies elsewhere but guess have to root for UofM on Saturday. One more March Pic a Kiko Meer with Peterson Irish Oak...

Took the time to wax my Baki tonight. My before photo isn't that good for showing off the color of the pipe, but you can see how it began its life in my avatar.

Before (Beginning of MMM)
20180324_185516-01.jpeg

After (Tonight's waxing)
20180330_210301-01.jpeg

20180330_210627-01.jpeg

Very hard to capture color (camera/monitor discrepancies and all manner of nonsense), but it is a very creamy tan that almost appears to have a bit of pink in it if you look at it for too long (which I am). I am very pleased!

Kiddo had an easter egg hunt this morning now I'm chilling enjoying the weather with my tekin. Irish flake in the bowl. I'm really liking the peterson blends I've tried so far.

20180331_150416.jpg

Yesterday turned into "jacked up travel day from hell", so I didn't even get my last bowl in. Here's the before pic:
Finally getting my month started...

View attachment 864826

And after:

20180401_091338.jpg

20180401_091356.jpg

It's developing a nice, uniform caramel color around the shank, and starting to color around the rim and bead line some. I put about two dozen bowls through this pipe over the course of the month. I'm going to give it a waxing some time today, hopefully that will bring it out a bit more as well.

Very nice @Price that really turned a nice color in a short amount of time.

I had my last bowl yesterday during work. Park Lane Doctor’s Mixture in the Altinay.

proxy.php

I did miss smoking my briars, but I think I’m gonna try to work a Meerschaum at least once a week. The IMP eggfish has really become a favorite pipe over the course of the month.

I didn't even realize it was April 1 today.
I instinctively grabbed my meer and packed a bowl of Odyssey..

I guess I'm still going... LOL

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Before and after of the Altinok. You may notice the flower looks a little different. An incident involving a nylon brush and a dremel that I would rather not discuss [emoji27]
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Been smoking my tekin the last couple weeks to try to catch it up to the imp. It isn't coloring nearly as fast but it hasn't been smoked as much either. The imp grabbed a good bit of color but I doubt I can get it to show in a picture lol.

I smoked basically just 2 pipes almost the entire month. The new Imp, and the H Cor. The Cor didn't seem to take on much more color, oddly, but the Imp has colored up pretty well for a meer I have had a month.
IMG_20180402_1244349.jpg

IMG_20180402_1244525.jpg

Top Bottom