What's new

March 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in! The finish line is near!
IMG_20230326_144641.jpg

Last edited:

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Still in.

Disappointing shave this morning. I dug out a puck that I'd purchased from a local soap maker quite some time ago. Lather was thin and couldn't get it to come together. Gave up on it, wound up doing 2 wtg passes and chucked the soap in the trash.

This is the second time I've tossed a local companies' soap. The last one I had even included another puck in a PIF to @emwolf . I must apologize to him for not having tried it before sending one on to him. Such a kind soul, I'm certain he'd never mention it was a poor performer.

So I am done with shave soaps that I know nothing about. I'll have to support those little mom and pops by sticking to their bar soap for the shower.

Happy shaves!

Day 26, 83.9% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #5
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Had plenty of time, so got a relaxing near-BBS. Almost finished the 2-in-1, but have 5 spares in the cupboard.

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shave

PXL_20230324_022145377b.jpg

Timeless Ti .68 with Q Shave (made in USA) blade, Semogue 830 and SV 70th

Hey Guys
It's time to catch up and get back with the program. Kathy and I have spent a few
days in Branson, MO. We had a great time with friends but our schedule was so busy
I didn't make time to do any posting. I used this combo from last Thursday thru Sunday.
They were all great shaves. But alas, as the saying goes, it's good to be back home again.
I'll post later today with a new Muhle/MdC post.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

SOTD March 27th
GRUME-30/31er

Hello friends,

Cloudy Monday around here. Today, I opted for a classic shave: Edwin Jagger 89, Feather, Mitchell’s Wool Fat, Omega Jade and Lilac Vegetal.
Ir’s always good to remember what a wonderful razor the EJ89 is. The old-fashioned choice of a smooth razor and a sharp new blade always delivers enormous pleasure. Above all, comforted by the protection of MWF. And, well, as for Veggie, my friends, it looks like I'm one of the chosen. But, I must confess that now that I smell like cat pee, my dog is giving me the strangest look…

Accompanying this adventure, the great Bill Evans Trio.

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️🪒

B4BCDDFD-6714-433B-ABCF-34F4A9933A53.jpeg
29520E5C-1D03-435F-9281-83F4C99631B9.jpeg

The April thread is up:
Thanks again to @Multum in parvo for starting this thread while I was indisposed. :)

SOTD March 27th
GRUME-30/31er

Hello friends,

Cloudy Monday around here. Today, I opted for a classic shave: Edwin Jagger 89, Feather, Mitchell’s Wool Fat, Omega Jade and Lilac Vegetal.
Ir’s always good to remember what a wonderful razor the EJ89 is. The old-fashioned choice of a smooth razor and a sharp new blade always delivers enormous pleasure. Above all, comforted by the protection of MWF. And, well, as for Veggie, my friends, it looks like I'm one of the chosen. But, I must confess that now that I smell like cat pee, my dog is giving me the strangest look…

Accompanying this adventure, the great Bill Evans Trio.

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️🪒

View attachment 1627980View attachment 1627982
I am not brave enough to buy the Veg.

MdC/Muhle Mondays!

PXL_20230122_192658786b.jpg

Muhle Rocca 95 with Q Shave blade, MdC Rose and Muhle XL STF brush

Good Day Gents
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

This is a fabulous trio I look forward to on Mondays. MdC is #1 on my personal list of top tier soaps. I always have to keep adding more water for it to reach it's slickness potential.
It is good to be back home after a nice visit to the Ozark mountains.

MdC/Muhle Mondays!

PXL_20230122_192658786b.jpg

Muhle Rocca 95 with Q Shave blade, MdC Rose and Muhle XL STF brush

Good Day Gents
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

This is a fabulous trio I look forward to on Mondays. MdC is #1 on my personal list of top tier soaps. I always have to keep adding more water for it to reach it's slickness potential.
It is good to be back home after a nice visit to the Ozark mountains.

In comparison have you used any of the other MdC scents, and if so which is your favorite? I think MdC is amazing and am looking to invest in a puck!!!

Top Bottom