What's new

March 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Synthetic Sundays!!!
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

PXL_20230318_201122075.jpeg

Merkur 34 loaded with Muhle Rasurkultur (19), Mike's Orange soap and Brushworx G5C brush

I think about LJ, @LJBraaten when I use Mike's soap. LJ is frugal (in a good way!) and this is one his preferred brands. The soap lid is showing signs of my neglect but the soap inside is excellent. I am truly enjoying what I have. This quartet's performance was excellent.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Still
Shave today was with stuff the wife likes. It is Mothers Day over here in 🇬🇧 and we went out for a meal with the kids.

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C (5)
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Brush: FS 3-Band Silvertip
Soap: MDC Rose

Post-Shave: Alum Block
Davidoff Cool Water AS Splash
Trumper Coral Skin Food
Czech & Speake No.88 EDP

Quality shave with quality products. MDC Rose is a sublime scent and the performance was on point. Slick lather brought out the best in the blade/razor combination. May push the Polsilver to 4 shaves as not tugging or giving any irritation.
C&S No.88 EDP really finished things off. Even got compliments from my daughter on how good I smelled
Way to go 😎😎😎😎

On to the next one

Attachments

• 9C57653E-5CC0-4D27-9EB5-3131C16D1248.jpeg
    9C57653E-5CC0-4D27-9EB5-3131C16D1248.jpeg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 1
I think about LJ, @LJBraaten when I use Mike's soap. LJ is frugal (in a good way!) and this is one his preferred brands
I’m envious! That is one of Mike’s soaps I’ve been wanting to try, but it never seems to be available at the right time. Maybe next time, if I pace my GRUYER resupply correctly.

Still in! It’s taken me three years after returning to traditional wet shaving to figure out how to effectively shave my lower lip and chin area. Now I can do it in three passes, and the shave is closer than ever!

I’ve got my 1902 STAR cleaned up, shimmed up, and ready to go. It will be my shave tomorrow. Can’t wait!

Day 19, 61.3% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Wizamet SI #5
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid

Used the autopilot, for another easy DFS.

They should be still there for April 1 re-stock day. Was the Tabac at a brick and mortar store? I don't know if I could walk away from Tabac after finding it in the real world, lol you are made of sterner stuff!!

Belated happy birthday, @Balin!

Yes, it was bricks and mortar, so there's a "support your local retailers" case to be made for buying there, although it stocks a random range of shaving stuff.

Couldn't read the small font on the Tabac stick, to work out whether it was the tallow version or not. I need to go back there with my magnifying glass...

Date20.03.2023

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle R41Gillette Thin Blue
Simpson T3
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashMike’s Barbershop
Proraso Green
Cold splash

Efficiency (scoring details here)Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)8/10 (Couple of weepers)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (BBS-)
6.5/10 (harsher)

Notes to today’s shave:

Another pleasant Mühle Monday with a new to me blade supplied by @lasta last year.

Further details on today's shave can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!

SOTD March 20th
GRUME-30/31er
MdC Monday

Hello friends,

Today is the first day of spring in the northern hemisphere (it's a sunny autumn morning around here). To celebrate, I decided on a spring shave. First of all, I invited Mr. Bill Evans to play You Must Believe In Spring. Well, friends…the rest is history!

Rockwell 6C (R5), Gillette Nacet (6), Martin de Candre Original, Semogue SOC Mistura, Thayers and Ach Brito Lavanda made me an extremely happy man.

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️ 🪒

508F8AC0-F759-42E2-8372-B07C8C2B5BDC.jpeg
4C43BEF5-14EA-46FE-AF62-29E5BF2DCB0F.jpeg

Top Bottom