What's new

March 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Hello friends!

Today is my birthday. To celebrate my 65 years of life, my dear wife told me last night that she would like to give me a shaving soap as a gift and asked me which one I would like.
I thought of replying: I'm in a restraint with my dear friends at GRUME, my love…but instead, I replied with enthusiasm: Martin de Candre Fougere!
Overhearing the conversation, our daughters (we have triplets) said they were thinking of sharing a gift for me, perhaps some fragrance or aftershave that I didn't have and would really like. Which? Brut Oceans, I replied...

The true is that I had not shaved for over twenty years, only trimming with an electric razor whenever my facial hair became unbearable and I went back to shaving less than a year ago. By all appearances, the girls at home are happy with my decision, therefore I can't let them down…

Well my friends, as of today I am out of March GRUME. I must confess that happiness for my birthday is mixed with sadness for leaving you. It's a bittersweet feeling...

I apologize my dear @FoolishMortal and all my friends for enabling.
I shall be back in two weeks with a lot of strength for restraint.
I will miss you all very much.

Be well and have great shaves.

Cheers!
❤️ 🪒

Hello friends!

Today is my birthday. To celebrate my 65 years of life, my dear wife told me last night that she would like to give me a shaving soap as a gift and asked me which one I would like.
I thought of replying: I'm in a restraint with my dear friends at GRUME, my love…but instead, I replied with enthusiasm: Martin de Candre Fougere!
Overhearing the conversation, our daughters (we have triplets) said they were thinking of sharing a gift for me, perhaps some fragrance or aftershave that I didn't have and would really like. Which? Brut Oceans, I replied...

The true is that I had not shaved for over twenty years, only trimming with an electric razor whenever my facial hair became unbearable and I went back to shaving less than a year ago. By all appearances, the girls at home are happy with my decision, therefore I can't let them down…

Well my friends, as of today I am out of March GRUME. I must confess that happiness for my birthday is mixed with sadness for leaving you. It's a bittersweet feeling...

I apologize my dear @FoolishMortal and all my friends for enabling.
I shall be back in two weeks with a lot of strength for restraint.
I will miss you all very much.

Be well and have great shaves.

Cheers!
Happy Birthday

Howdy my friend. While the year has barely started and any purchase would put us out of a bunch of acronym , it is never too late to start thinking about restock after all there is barely 291 days until January 1st.

Would you mind providing this dumb french dude some info as to what I could compare a Schick Krona too . I am enjoying shaving with my Merkur 34 HD but 1 razor will get boring and I feel that finding a mild razor is the next step for me.

I do have a few razor but not that many mild.

Just window shopping you know.
Howdy @La Malice
My 2 cent advice for "window shoppers" would be to look at an E. Jagger D89. It is my personal favorite mild razor. The Rockwell 6S is probably my most versatile razor. A couple days ago, the Feather AS-D2 was very mild and efficient.
However, the Merker 34 is in the same ballpark.
With that said, IMHO, most razors I have can be used in a mild manner using "no pressure" strokes and riding the cap on the first pass. Currently, I am satisfied focusing on technique and "restraintful contentment".

Still in

Eversharp Hydro-magic ’500’
Schick Injector (8)
Omega EVO 2.0
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Williams Aqua Velva

IMG-DSC_5090 (2).JPG

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Cheers :a54:

Yesterday was my two year anniversary on B&B!!!
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

PXL_20230316_195558218.jpeg

Feather DX with AC Pro (2), Declaration Grooming Dirtyver and Omega 81054

After posting yesterday, I noticed it was my anniversary with B&B. It has been a fun and meaningful ride so far. It is the only online site I make comments on a daily basis.

Learning new skills is important to me. I am glad I took the challenge to use a straight razor. The DX can shave at a very shallow angle. It has also challenged me to hone and refine all the other techniques of wet shaving.
Every shave is a learning experience and "restraintful contentment" is also a good learning experience.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

I must admit, I am out as of today. Just bought another razor. I did sell one of my own last week, but still, it is a shave purchase. So, with pain in my heart, I say farewell ;-) I will continue though using my products I already have, nothing changes there.

Will sign up for some montly grumes to come probably. Thanks and good luck to all!

sotd 17-3

Back to basics shave, very nice.

Leaf Shave - the Twig
Gillette Nacet
Omega 10019
Cella almond
Sir Irisch Moos AS
Balea Men Energy ASB
Davidoff - Adventure edt

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yesterday was my two year anniversary on B&B!!!
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

View attachment 1622440
Feather DX with AC Pro (2), Declaration Grooming Dirtyver and Omega 81054

After posting yesterday, I noticed it was my anniversary with B&B. It has been a fun and meaningful ride so far. It is the only online site I make comments on a daily basis.

Learning new skills is important to me. I am glad I took the challenge to use a straight razor. The DX can shave at a very shallow angle. It has also challenged me to hone and refine all the other techniques of wet shaving.
Every shave is a learning experience and "restraintful contentment" is also a good learning experience.

Please take care of yourself and each other.
Congrats for the anniversary!

Cheers!
❤️🪒

Top Bottom