What's new

March 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Shopping for shampoo and bath soap, I didn't even look at soaps.
Karve E stainless proves to be really nice but utterly dangerous. Must watch out for slightest change in the angle, else nicks appear. Still, enjoying my Match setup which is closely modelled on the the Feb one.

A quick correction to the list, as we had a person sneak in:

1) FoolishMortal
2) Schnitzel52
3) RTM
4) GaryTha
5) Timeclo
6) Tim33z
7) Malört
8) BigD
9) fhalden
10) 02flhtci
11) Sotiris_A
12) NicksDad
13) cryhavoc
13.5) WetShaveVet
14) samhain666
15) Rontu
16) Fred D
17) Stuartganis

FFFMM SOTD
  • Rubberset 203, reknotted to 28mm boar
  • Cella
  • 1937 Sheraton
  • Nacet (30)
The blade is starting to show signs of giving up. Today's shave left an unacceptable amount of stubble on my chin, which is always a trouble spot for me anyway. I'm hoping that technique will get me through this, but if things don't improve, I'll have to pitch the blade.
My Astra SP blade is giving out as well on its 30th use. Mustache area is getting more sensitive so I'm thinking of stopping at 30.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Oh well, I guess I'll be the first to fail the March GRUME. I got a notice for 100 Gillette Platinums, and without even thinking I ordered them. I was really looking forward to doing this successfully, but will definitely try again in April.
Sorry guys.

Still in, but starting to regret it. Might buckle if I get a notification for a GC .84 with radio knob handle.

Oh well, I guess I'll be the first to fail the March GRUME. I got a notice for 100 Gillette Platinums, and without even thinking I ordered them. I was really looking forward to doing this successfully, but will definitely try again in April.
Sorry guys.
Oh, bummer - our first to go. :( I guess this just illustrates that sometimes we go beyond "choice" and into "habit" when it comes to shaving purchases.

Feel free to continue to play along at home, and we'll hope to see you in April.

And when a brother falls out, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Schnitzel52
3) @RTM
4) @GaryTha
5) @Timeclo
6) @tim33z
7) @Malort
8) @BigD
9) @fhalden
10) @02flhtci
11) @Sotiris_A
12) @NicksDad
13) @cryhavoc
13.5) @WetShaveVet
14) @samhain666
15) @Rontu
16) Fred D - out (100 Gillette Platinums)
17) @Stuart Ganis

Oh, bummer - our first to go. :( I guess this just illustrates that sometimes we go beyond "choice" and into "habit" when it comes to shaving purchases.

Feel free to continue to play along at home, and we'll hope to see you in April.

And when a brother falls out, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Schnitzel52
3) @RTM
4) @GaryTha
5) @Timeclo
6) @tim33z
7) @Malort
8) @BigD
9) @fhalden
10) @02flhtci
11) @Sotiris_A
12) @NicksDad
13) @cryhavoc
13.5) @WetShaveVet
14) @samhain666
15) @Rontu
16) Fred D - out (100 Gillette Platinums)
17) @Stuart Ganis

Still in!
Slip sliding away with the Rapira Platinum Lux and Haslingers.
Life is good!

FFFMM SOTD
  • Rubberset 203, reknotted to 28mm boar
  • Cella
  • 1937 Sheraton
  • Nacet (31)
Quick shave today, but the blade seems to have smoothed out again. I flipped it after the shave, as I do after every roughly six shaves, and I'm curious to see if that has any effect.

Still in.
However, I am mulling over dropping out of FFFMM. The reason is simple: I'm trying to tame my Karve plate E and not getting anywhere. One month should be enough. EJ89 gave me much better results. Deep down I wonder if these expensive tools are no more than a hype.

Top Bottom