What's new

March 2019 Challenge: Street photography

Hello campers

This challenge goes back to possibly my favourite genre, Street Photography.

For those looking for more information, see this explanation: Street photography - Wikipedia
Basically we're looking for the next Garry Winogrand (haha, no pressure)

I am busy preparing for another trip to Europe, but I hope to be able to upload something this month when I can.

Good luck!
Peter

The rules this month are the same as usual:
  • winner of the previous months challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • One entry per month.
  • Try and make the image a recent one.
  • Competition runs until the 19th of the Month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.

Quick clarification of the rules: can I enter a picture that has already been posted (in another thread) on this forum? My own work of course.

My understanding of the point of the contest, the spirit of the contest, is to go out in response to the challenge and capture an image, not mine the images you've already done prior to the contest's announcement.
dave

Hm even pictures I took precisely because they were good street photography examples? OK then. But it's not the right time of the year here for street photography now - maybe after the snows melt. (yes I know that street photography doesn't have to happen in the street but then the choice of subjects is severely limited)

I got some good shots yesterday in the snow. Mostly wet on the pavement, but clearly snowing pretty hard. Not sure if one will make the final cut, but there are a couple I would enter without a problem. Winter street can be fun and results are different than summer shots.

Oh, what the heck. Snow shot it is. Shot yesterday with a Fuji X-T2 & 23/2.0 lens. 1/250 @ f/4.0 & ISO 1000. The camera was set-up with fixed shutter & aperture, auto ISO & back button focus. This was a shot into and reflecting off a café window. I like the juxtaposition of the guy inside, warm and comfortable and the guy walking by on the street bundled against the cold and snow.

proxy.php

Be careful out there, from the wikipedia link in post #1;

South Korea[edit]
In South Korea, taking pictures of women without their consent, even in public, is considered to be criminal sexual assault, punishable by a fine of under 10 million won and up to 5 years imprisonment.[57] In July 2017 an amendment to the law was voted on in favour of allowing for chemical castration of people taking such photographs.[58]
dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Oh, what the heck. Snow shot it is. Shot yesterday with a Fuji X-T2 & 23/2.0 lens. 1/250 @ f/4.0 & ISO 1000. The camera was set-up with fixed shutter & aperture, auto ISO & back button focus. This was a shot into and reflecting off a café window. I like the juxtaposition of the guy inside, warm and comfortable and the guy walking by on the street bundled against the cold and snow.

proxy.php
Excellent timing.

Two great shots so far. Tough one for me this month, best I could do was take my point and shoot on some business trips. My entry this month below.

CAP01 (4).JPG

I wanted to get out and try to get a new shot for the challenge, but it didn't happen. So, I'm robbing the archives (this was taken back in August) , so vote accordingly. Also I'm not sure if it's really street photography, not urban and too tele, but i's still candid. I feel the thread needs more pics so here's what I got.
P1050628(r3).jpg

Like Troy, I was not able to shoot anything new this month. Travel and a record blizzard kept me from getting out in the streets. So, here's one from my recent trip to Cuba.

JeffcoatS.Cuban Gentleman.jpg

I haven't disappeared, but I have certainly lost my time the last little while! I love street shooting and was all in for this, but in all honesty, I haven't even charged my camera in a couple months! So sad!

Top Bottom