Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming soon, Gillette Blue Tip A4 1955

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Congrats. The Blue Tip is a fine razor. It was the second vintage I bought, right after a Red Tip.

Very nice selection, Steve.

Thanks Ron. I really like SS balms. These scents smell different, at least from the container. The Cola was real interesting and my initial favorite of the 3. I want to try combining it with a Bay Rum like Atomic Age AS. I think they will complement each other really well. Tomorrow I will try the White Sage & Lime with the similar PAA AS.

I can't wait for 2 pending acquisitions. I have been waiting since I believe November for a new Wolf Whiskers that should be complete any day and today I picked up an Eclipse that will ship Monday. I think I will being using these for my birthday shave coming soon. Hopefully the Eclipse is a good shaver. I always loved the Deco look. I am sure the Wolf Whiskers bush will be a favorite of mine when it arrives. I will be sure to post pics!
Steve

Thanks Ron. I really like SS balms. These scents smell different, at least from the container. The Cola was real interesting and my initial favorite of the 3. I want to try combining it with a Bay Rum like Atomic Age AS. I think they will complement each other really well. Tomorrow I will try the White Sage & Lime with the similar PAA AS.

I can't wait for 2 pending acquisitions. I have been waiting since I believe November for a new Wolf Whiskers that should be complete any day and today I picked up an Eclipse that will ship Monday. I think I will being using these for my birthday shave coming soon. Hopefully the Eclipse is a good shaver. I always loved the Deco look. I am sure the Wolf Whiskers bush will be a favorite of mine when it arrives. I will be sure to post pics!
Steve
Sounds like a real treat.

Razor lot from our favorite auction site arrived today. Definitely full of surprises. I went out looking for a Neillite and ended up with a Damaskeene that was described as a long handle 1912, a Merkur OC that was described as an unknown Germany razor, and an unusual Gillette New Improved that was described as a Gillette. Oh yeah, also got a Contact Propeller along with the rest.

DSC02032.JPG

Razor lot from our favorite auction site arrived today. Definitely full of surprises. I went out looking for a Neillite and ended up with a Damaskeene that was described as a long handle 1912, a Merkur OC that was described as an unknown Germany razor, and an unusual Gillette New Improved that was described as a Gillette. Oh yeah, also got a Contact Propeller along with the rest.

View attachment 869413

Nice Haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this from the Bay. $7.50 not bad.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

1987 I was Working Construction in Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of this plus some others...
Williams is to big for this scuttle .
What may fit?
Rubberset is 22mm Project.
Slim is great...
20180320_094041.jpg

Today I received a new Wolf Whiskers brush and she is a beauty. I must use it tomorrow and try it out. Peter does some great work and it was well worth the wait!
Steve

IMG_8889.jpg

IMG_8890.jpg

IMG_8907.jpg

IMG_8908.jpg

When it rains, sometimes it pours. I also received a vintage Eclipse Red Ring today. She shows a little wear, but looks in overall excellent condition. I want to use her tomorrow morning so bad, but will wait to give her my maiden voyage this weekend when I do not have any possibility to feel rushed. I never used an Eclipse before so I hope she shaves as good as she looks. I did not test the magnet on the handle base but will play more on the weekend. The razor came with a small brown case in fairly good condition, with a bit of the threading gone. Nevertheless it looks fine and will still hold the razor. I like the way Eclipse is embossed on the surface. I cleaned the razor up, but honestly she came very clean. The pictures on the wood table were as received and the ones with the white background were after cleaning. My lame pictures do not do this baby justice either because of poor lighting or odd reflections. What looks as flaws or wear, for the most part are just dark reflections on the shiny guards.
Steve

IMG_8898.jpg

IMG_8900.jpg

IMG_8903.jpg

IMG_8910.jpg

IMG_8911.jpg

View attachment 869413
Excellent!! Congrats!

When it rains, sometimes it pours. I also received a vintage Eclipse Red Ring today. She shows a little wear, but looks in overall excellent condition. I want to use her tomorrow morning so bad, but will wait to give her my maiden voyage this weekend when I do not have any possibility to feel rushed. I never used an Eclipse before so I hope she shaves as good as she looks. I did not test the magnet on the handle base but will play more on the weekend. The razor came with a small brown case in fairly good condition, with a bit of the threading gone. Nevertheless it looks fine and will still hold the razor. I like the way Eclipse is embossed on the surface. I cleaned the razor up, but honestly she came very clean. The pictures on the wood table were as received and the ones with the white background were after cleaning. My lame pictures do not do this baby justice either because of poor lighting or odd reflections. What looks as flaws or wear, for the most part are just dark reflections on the shiny guards.
Steve

View attachment 869504
View attachment 869505
View attachment 869506
View attachment 869508
View attachment 869509
Looks to be a great adventure, Steve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom