What's new

March 1

March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. New guidelines recommend initial screening at age 45 for those with normal risk. This is 5 years earlier than previously because of the tremendous increase for the under 50 age group. If you don't do it for yourself do it for those you love. It could save your life. It did mine.

I haven't been around much and things seem a bit different. Nevertheless, Check 6!

I hate going to the doctors, but already have a referral for this as I turned 50 last year. It's too important to ignore.

March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. New guidelines recommend initial screening at age 45 for those with normal risk. This is 5 years earlier than previously because of the tremendous increase for the under 50 age group. If you don't do it for yourself do it for those you love. It could save your life. It did mine.

I haven't been around much and things seem a bit different. Nevertheless, Check 6!

Big +1 for this!

Due for my first one. I keep putting it off...

Don't wait. It's so simple and routine now. Lose 5 pounds for a couple of days, eat whatever you want when it's over, and have peace of mind.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I did my first bowl cancer kit 5 years ago. The 2nd one turned up just before a scheduled Colonoscopy earlier this year as I had been a little sick and the Doctor scheduled all these tests and they found some blood in my stool. All turned out okay as it was just the usual blood vessel problems that most of us get around our bottom. Scared me a little though.

I did my first bowl cancer kit 5 years ago. The 2nd one turned up just before a scheduled Colonoscopy earlier this year as I had been a little sick and the Doctor scheduled all these tests and they found some blood in my stool. All turned out okay as it was just the usual blood vessel problems that most of us get around our bottom. Scared me a little though.

I have told the story several times before, but I was utterly petrified before my second, in complete fear of what they might find. They found stuff, freaky stuff, but found it early. Now I can’t wait for the next one (family history of colon cancer killed my father, grandmother and great aunt).

Had one done in Jan. Been having bad acid reflux again and my doctor said it had been 7 years since my last one so no getting out of it! No issues apart from the lovely prep.

Top Bottom