What's new

Marbles?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Anyone collect marbles? I inherited some and am looking for a good reference site to learn more. Any recommendations?

As an example...
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't collect them, but a marble kaleidoscope might be a good addition to view your collection with. You might need a bright light source for the more opaque ones.
1939-Hound-of-the-Baskervilles-Nigel-Bruce-2.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Marbles were fun at school. Used to play marbles with my friends most days growing up. Still have some at my mum and dads place. I know nothing of them now. You have me smiling now. Thanks for the cheer up.

I was cleaning out some old boxes in storage a few days ago & found the large can of marbles from my Grandmother's. They are at least 60 years old. I'll be curious if anyone posts any links to marble reference sites. Timely post @Mike H, thank you!

Legion

Staff member
I got kind of interested in the hand blown, art glass marbles some years ago. Believe it or not, there are quite a few glass artists who make marbles. I have a few, but my stuff is boxed up for a house move right now, so no pics for the time being.

Here are a few sites to give you the idea. They are quite beautiful, some of them.

I had quite a lot of marbles as a kid.
Played marbles for a while in elementary school.
Always played for keeps.
Used to carry them in a Crown Royal bag.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I've inherited some and collected some over the years, but I don't really know much about them.

Here are the ones that I collected just because they glow in blacklight.

IMG_0394.jpeg

Top Bottom