What's new

MAR - V - CIDE ....HAS COLOR CHANGED ???

I've been using 1 1/2 tablespoons of Mar-V-Cide per jar for at least 40 years. Color of solution using this amount has always been a very deep blue to the point it "stains " my silvertips slightly, but wears off after a couple of shaves . I recently bought a new container of Mar - V - Cide , and my usual dilution produced a very light blue solution. I added another half tablespoon and the solution is still nowhere near the rich deep blue I'm used to. Has the formula changed ?... I've always used Marvy over Barbicide because it contains twice the disinfectant for the same price , hence a final solution that costs 50% less.

Attachments

• IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've been using 1 1/2 tablespoons of Mar-V-Cide per jar for at least 40 years. Color of solution using this amount has always been a very deep blue to the point it "stains " my silvertips slightly, but wears off after a couple of shaves . I recently bought a new container of Mar - V - Cide , and my usual dilution produced a very light blue solution. I added another half tablespoon and the solution is still nowhere near the rich deep blue I'm used to. Has the formula changed ?... I've always used Marvy over Barbicide because it contains twice the disinfectant for the same price , hence a final solution that costs 50% less.
Yeah, I used to use that to save money in my shop... That is definitely not the color I remember....

Purchased a new bottle of Marvy and a ha;f gallon of Barbicide , mixed the recommended dilutions , and did a side by side. The pictures are not very accurate, the Barbicide is just like the both used to be. Marvy has changed their tint and have not responded to my emails inquiring why .....
IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yeah, it's probably nothing, but..... A little blue color would have gone a long way! That basically looks like dirty water...

Top Bottom