What's new

Maple Hill Naturals anybody?

I’ve been getting advertisements and emails from this soap company. Their shave soap ingredients look interesting. Anybody here have any experience with it?

Looks interesting, scent profile is a classic with a twist, and the price looks reasonable. Haven't heard about them before. Give them a try and post a review!!

One of the awesome things about this adventure is all of the gems and treasures waiting to be discovered!! We live in a golden age of shaving products!!

Looks interesting, scent profile is a classic with a twist, and the price looks reasonable. Haven't heard about them before. Give them a try and post a review!!

One of the awesome things about this adventure is all of the gems and treasures waiting to be discovered!! We live in a golden age of shaving products!!
Good advice. I just ordered a tub. They even gave me 20% off and free shipping on my first order. I’ll post a review as soon as I try it.

AA4496AF-D291-43E6-A50F-95DED12BC768.jpeg

I received this soap today, and shaved with it tonight. Oddly, the website doesn’t have a picture of the tin, so I uploaded one. The scent is described as bay rum with a hint of lime, which, to my unsophisticated nose, is accurate. Scent strength is medium/strong, which I like. Performance is very good but not elite. I easily whipped up a creamy thick lather. Slickness was very good but not great. Residual slickness was mediocre to good. I shave slowly and at the end of my first pass the lather began to dry out ever so slightly. I added a few drops of water before the second pass and dryness was not a problem. Protection was top notch and I finished with a very close, irritation free shave. Post shave face feel was very nice. Keep in mind this my first shave with this soap, so I don’t have the water/soap ratio dialed. Overall, I would say this is a very good but not elite soap. At this point I would say you’d probably be better off with WSP or B&M bay rum for about the same price.

Looks interesting, scent profile is a classic with a twist, and the price looks reasonable. Haven't heard about them before. Give them a try and post
See my review in this thread

View attachment 1012996
I received this soap today, and shaved with it tonight. Oddly, the website doesn’t have a picture of the tin, so I uploaded one. The scent is described as bay rum with a hint of lime, which, to my unsophisticated nose, is accurate. Scent strength is medium/strong, which I like. Performance is very good but not elite. I easily whipped up a creamy thick lather. Slickness was very good but not great. Residual slickness was mediocre to good. I shave slowly and at the end of my first pass the lather began to dry out ever so slightly. I added a few drops of water before the second pass and dryness was not a problem. Protection was top notch and I finished with a very close, irritation free shave. Post shave face feel was very nice. Keep in mind this my first shave with this soap, so I don’t have the water/soap ratio dialed. Overall, I would say this is a very good but not elite soap. At this point I would say you’d probably be better off with WSP or B&M bay rum for about the same price.
Great pics and review, @agrippas!!

Have to say that I really like the deco on the labels, nicely done!!

Top Bottom