What's new

Many thanks and one more chance to participate

As we wind down this auction, I want to take a moment to thank all the members and vendors of the B&B for such a wonderful turnout and result.The team never imagined we would get the response that we have, it has taken our breath away.

If you did not get to participate in the auction, please consider making a donation of any amount at all. You can make a donation at our "Sue page" at Komen.

You can find the page Here
I would like to think that our Sue is smiling right now.
Jim

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
As we wind down this auction, I want to take a moment to thank all the members and vendors of the B&B for such a wonderful turnout and result.The team never imagined we would get the response that we have, it has taken our breath away.

If you did not get to participate in the auction, please consider making a donation of any amount at all. You can make a donation at our "Sue page" at Komen.

You can find the page Here
I would like to think that our Sue is smiling right now.
Jim

I too would like to thank everyone who participated in any way. I am just blown away by the generosity shown by everyone in raising funds in the name of Sue to help eradicate this horrible disease.

You are all the greatest.

Jim, the mod team and the overall nature of this forum is what brings the kind of members who unselfishly participate in these endeavors. I would like to thank you and everyone else involved in putting this auction together. To all of the members that participated, all I can say is WOW! I knew we would see some acts of philanthropy, but not like that! Well done everyone. While the reason behind the auction is a sad one, I think Sue would be awash with pride at what you guys are doing in her name. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of it.

Legion

Staff member
Well done guys! To see so many of you go above and beyond to help this great cause reminds me why this is the greatest forum on the net. Bravo.

The response to this auction shows that the folks on B&B are the best. The support, camaraderie, and generosity of the B&B members was incredible. :thumbup1::thumbup::001_smile

This was an amazing event, and I can imagine that Sue, now in Heaven and cancer-free, no longer nearly blind but with 20/20 vision and no longer confined to a wheelchair, watched every post and has been dancing with joy for the many wonderful displays of love, kindness, charitable support and in some cases personal financial sacrifice, and all in her name to honor her as we continue to support the fight against this disease that has tragically affected so many of us in one way or another.

And yes, I'm sure Sue laughed with us a few times during this event, too.

Cheers to Badger & Blade! :thumbup1:

I do not even know what to say. I have been crying like a baby for an hour now trying to write something. It was one year ago today I brought my Mom home to care for her in the last weeks of her life. It was a very humbling experience for everyone involved. What I would do to have just one last talk or hug. This auction along with all of the other fundraising will do that for many families. This is giving others a chance at life. Thank you to everyone involved.

Wendy

I watched my grandmother die of bone cancer back in '97. We were very close. She went into remission, then one day while at my brother's house, she fell down. The cancer had come back. Three days later she was gone. I love her so much and still miss her even though it's been 14 years since her passing. I never knew Sue but I know how painful it can be to lose someone you love to this terrible disease. I never think twice when it comes to donating to such a worthy cause.

How about a badge like the Dog Town badge for those who outright contribute to the cause? Not just the auction winners, but anybody who makes a financial contribution.

I lost my MOM and Aunt within a month of each other, My Mother to Brain and Lung Cancer My Aunt to Liver and Lung Cancer, It was not a pleasant time for us but through it all we learned and Grew, When ever I can I try to give so some day others will NOT have to go through the horrible nitemare called Cancer ! Thank You for setting this Auction up,I wish I had more money so I could have given more ! Next Year I hope B&B doubles this years raising !

The greatest courage I ever witnessed was by the bedside of my mother in law. Ironic isn't it? Participated in the war, worked some scary places (still do). But she laid death down soft as a feather. An amazing woman. An even greater lesson that I'm trying to unravel...........Love is the greatest asset one can have followed by courage.

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Whoops I'm a bit slow on the uptake. Which means that if you are reading this you are not too late to contribute as well. Thanks Jim, and B&B for the opportunity to do something positive for this cause.

Mike

Top Bottom