What's new

Manual shaver for stubble look

Hey guys, I need some expert advice. Is there any way to get the stubble look for the head and face like grade 1,2 or 3 from a manual shaver that doesnt use electricity? The only options Ive seen is the manmover and old or antique knock off manual trimmers.

If this doesnt exist, which shaver gives the least closest shave?

I cannot think of a manual/nonelectric tool to do that. Electric clippers use moving blades and a guard to trim hair above the surface of the skin. A razor uses a stationary blade to scrape the skin to cut hair at the skin level. Any stubble left behind will not be visible and probably patchy; not the desired stubble effect you are going for. I would either stick to the electric clippers, or get the best smoothest shave possible with a razor and let time provide the stubble look. If you are shaving several days worth of stubble with a poor performing razor, the shaving experience will be very uncomfortable.

You want a hand clipper. Barbers used to use them before electricity. Just google vintage or manual hair clipper. I don’t know if you can get adjustable length blades though.

I cannot think of a manual/nonelectric tool to do that. Electric clippers use moving blades and a guard to trim hair above the surface of the skin. A razor uses a stationary blade to scrape the skin to cut hair at the skin level. Any stubble left behind will not be visible and probably patchy; not the desired stubble effect you are going for. I would either stick to the electric clippers, or get the best smoothest shave possible with a razor and let time provide the stubble look. If you are shaving several days worth of stubble with a poor performing razor, the shaving experience will be very uncomfortable.
Thanks that makes sense, thank you

You want a hand clipper. Barbers used to use them before electricity. Just google vintage or manual hair clipper. I don’t know if you can get adjustable length blades though.
yeah that seems the best option but i think it will be too hard to cut my own hair

Top Bottom