What's new

Mandom scent: Gallant?

I just got some Mandom yesterday. I can’t really say much about it; it’s aftershave. I like the bottle. It smells like pine trees or something, which is OK I guess. I wasn’t really sure what the scent was, so I checked the back of the bottle, and it told me that this aftershave gives off nice, manly scent, and the scent is named “Gallant.” How very Japanese a description this is.

Anyway, I also got some Mandom hair cream along with my aftershave. I needed a lighter hair styling product and figured what-the-heck. Anyway, this stuff is nice and smells very fresh, and very different from the aftershave scent, but I checked the back and lo and behold, I see that this also has the same “Gallant” scent. Normally I’d be confused, but considering how Japanese advertising works it doesn’t surprise me a bit, but I’d like to know what the scents actually are.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would say the clean/fresh pine trees are right but other than that, I am pretty bad at scents... I would say it's nice.

I was hoping it would smell like Charles Bronson in his buckskins fanning about 50 rounds out of his Colt Peacemaker.

You know, Gallant.

I'd buy some, but judging by the Charles Bronson Mandom application method, you have to use about half a bottle at once, and that could get expensive.

I've tried a lot of different AS's here in Japan and I have to say that I like very few.

A lot seem to have a powdery element that I can do nothing but turn my nose up at and others I just don't like.

I like Burley's Executive Lime and a few others but I tend to make my own AS and use that.

Mandom was one that I didn't like.

You guys are using this stuff as an aftershave? I thought you were supposed to shove it into a sock and swing it at muggers. :huh:

I thought you were supposed to shove it into a sock and swing it at muggers. :huh:

The olfactory armour that is Mandom rivals plate mail in it's effectiveness...to attempt a mugging on a Mandom-wearing man would be foolhardy in the extreme, an enterprise most dangerous and scripted only for failure. :tongue:

The olfactory armour that is Mandom rivals plate mail in it's effectiveness...to attempt a mugging on a Mandom-wearing man would be foolhardy in the extreme, an enterprise most dangerous and scripted only for failure. :tongue:

Yeah! Haven't you seen the commercials? Every splash of Mandom summons a cowboy Charles Bronson with a pair of six-shooters to defend your body from danger and bad smells.

Luc

Staff member
Yeah! Haven't you seen the commercials? Every splash of Mandom summons a cowboy Charles Bronson with a pair of six-shooters to defend your body from danger and bad smells.

That's what it was? I thought he was day dreaming about what he loved the most! I haven't seen no cowboys yet!

That's what it was? I thought he was day dreaming about what he loved the most! I haven't seen no cowboys yet!

But you feel them. Charles Bronson's cowboy aura eminates from you body so strongly that weaker men begin to think that they are smelling Bronson himself.

Luc

Staff member
But you feel them. Charles Bronson's cowboy aura eminates from you body so strongly that weaker men begin to think that they are smelling Bronson himself.

I guess :confused:

He's shooting me for sure :biggrin:

Top Bottom