What's new

Man-ly Fragrances?

My favorite is BVLGARI MAN. I like most BVLGARI scents (special mention for AQUA, dark blue which is available in a great AS lotion splash) but MAN is my go to especially when I am dressing up. Has some great lavender without being floral and isn't sweet just manly!

Some of my favourites
Tabac Original
Williams Expert Aqua Velva
Floid Vigaroso
Old Spice Original & Fresh Lime
Varon Dandy
Brut (European)
Brut (Mexican)
La Toja Aftershave Locion
Aqua Velva Ice Blue & Musk
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum

I only use Stetson, Polo Red (it smells dark to me) and Drakkar Noir for "manly" scents. A lot of mine are the "sweeter" male scents or smell like water because I am subtle. Most black or leather don't work for me. Neither did Obsession for Men. I think Michael Jordan is manly too...

One I will say I disagree with is Angel For Men, I use it and love it but I don't think it is what I would define "manly" to be. That said I am not dumping it, it is one of my favorite fragrances but I'm not confusing it with say Polo, Polo OUD, Polo Red, Stetson or Drakkar Noit on manly scents.

Last edited:
A vote for Pinaud Special Reserve. Some great descriptors...

Old books, baseball mitt, leather chairs at a men's club type of scent. Patchouli, vanilla, cinnamon. Whiskey, leather, talc. A cigar in a baseball glove. The distinct odor of manliness. Truth. Scotch, cigars, an old baseball mitt and a two-lifetimes old Saddleback briefcase.
It smells like sitting in a bar with Ernest Hemingway, drinking fine whiskey and smoking a Cuban cigar while listening to Miles Davis.

This description is what made me want to try Special Reserve and it took me a long time to get around to it but I did and I like it quite a bit.

Derby Chop Shop. It is a sophisticated, gentlemanly scent reminiscent of a time long past when men were men. Whilst certainly neither Southern nor gentleman but unabashedly roguish, imagine Rhett Butler would wear it exclusively.

Both vintage Avon land and Clubman Special Reserve have strong smokey notes to me. They are deep, dark, and mysterious. What I think is manly.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Manly is as manly does. Wear what you LIKE. If you wear it and carry yourself with confidence it will come off as masculine. At least, as long as it isn’t Britney Spears Perfume.

If you think that Frank Sinatra was a man's man then the fragrances he wore would have been considered manly too. So this one should fit the bill as a manly fragrance. I know that I certainly do.
CreedBoisDuPortugalFS.jpg

Top Bottom