What's new

Man-ly Fragrances?

YSL Kouros. I don't know what reaction I'd have to a woman who smelled of Kouros. I'd probably wonder what on earth she'd been up to. I certainly wouldn't challenge her to an arm wrestle.

One that my wife dearly loves and she thinks is manly... Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve. It has an aroma of leather and spice. Also it is inexpensive.

A lot of good stuff here but I would go with Givenchy Gentlemen not the only version. However the only version is good too

Azzaro PH is my favorite manly scent. I think Quorum is awesome but most people around me disagree. I think some of the John Varvatos line, especially Vintage and Artisan Black are manly but still modern.

Yesterday evening I was blown away by a sample of Bois d'Ombrie by Eau d'Italie. Officially for both men and women, but the notes sound more like what you'd expect of a male scent:

• Cognac
  • Calamus
  • Wild Carrot

• Middle
  • Leather
  • Iris Rhyzome
  • Copahu

• Base
  • Tobacco
  • Opoponax
  • Vetyver
  • Patchouli

A vote for Pinaud Special Reserve. Some great descriptors...

Old books, baseball mitt, leather chairs at a men's club type of scent. Patchouli, vanilla, cinnamon. Whiskey, leather, talc. A cigar in a baseball glove. The distinct odor of manliness. Truth. Scotch, cigars, an old baseball mitt and a two-lifetimes old Saddleback briefcase.
It smells like sitting in a bar with Ernest Hemingway, drinking fine whiskey and smoking a Cuban cigar while listening to Miles Davis.

A vote for Pinaud Special Reserve. Some great descriptors...

Old books, baseball mitt, leather chairs at a men's club type of scent. Patchouli, vanilla, cinnamon. Whiskey, leather, talc. A cigar in a baseball glove. The distinct odor of manliness. Truth. Scotch, cigars, an old baseball mitt and a two-lifetimes old Saddleback briefcase.
It smells like sitting in a bar with Ernest Hemingway, drinking fine whiskey and smoking a Cuban cigar while listening to Miles Davis.

Have you been monitoring my thoughts???

Top Bottom