What's new

Man-ly Fragrances?

What are some MAN-ly fragrances? Stuff that doesn't smell like a fashion model or metro-sexual. Clint Eastwood, John Wayne and Charles Bronson in a bottle. Suggestions??

Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver

I had a woman tell me once that I smelled like a man is supposed to smell.
I hope she meant that in a good way.

Creed Green Irish Tweed is one of the most manly and sophisticated fragrances you can get IMHO. Also, YSL Rive Gauche is another favorite of mine - but the formulation that is in the metal can, not the new square glass bottle. Its a "barbershop" scent, but very refined. Fine's American Blend was based on Rive Gauche. Additionally, I've heard that Givenchy Gentlemen Only is very manly though I haven't had the opportunity to test it myself.

Never got close enough to a fashion model to catch a whiff, but my cleaning lady says Guerlain Vetiver smells manly on me.

Rive Gauche pour homme
Chanel Antaeus
Guerlain Vetiver
Burberry London for men
Polo (green)
Halston z-14
Tabac Original edc

Last edited:
Knize Ten
Creed Baie de Genievre
Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
Blenheim Bouquet
Hermes Equipage
Hermes Bel Ami
Derby
Or Black
Bois du Portugal
Zizanie

Nobody's going to throw out the Pinaud Clubman Original huh? I haven't smelled it in quite a while, but how about English Leather?

Refrain from showering for a few days, that should do the trick. You'll smell like a man is supposed to.

On the other hand, if you want to smell "civilized" and modern try Montale Dark Aoud, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille or Grey Vetiver, Gucci Pour Homme, or Maître Parfumeur Parfum d'Habit.

Nobody's going to throw out the Pinaud Clubman Original huh? I haven't smelled it in quite a while, but how about English Leather?

I think of Clubman as an aftershave, so I don't usually put it in lists like this. English Leather is a good one, though.

Top Bottom