Man-ly Fragrances?

Discussion in 'Fragrance' started by Fiend606, Sep 18, 2014.

+1

1. Bois dePortugal in collection

2. Yatagan by Caron Paris. Smoky, spicy Russian leather, and a real bargain--even at full retail.

3. Manly? As in masculine, testosterone filled etc?

Not a perfume. Think motor oil, WD40, freshly cut pine 2x4, etc

4. I purchased quite a few samples based on this thread....still waiting on most but I got some stuff from luckyscent. Knize Ten and Yatagan are definitely on my want-to-buy list.

5. I’d second Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. It’s a classy but not intrusive scent to my nose.

6. Now that I have acquired an original version of Davidoff Zino, I think this is a very manly scent.

7. Bhugo

Bhugo Contributor

I love Zino. Great scent.

8. Polarbeard

Polarbeard Contributor Ambassador

@Andy77 mentioned D.R. Harris earlier in this thread, but forgot to add that the cologne in question is D.R. Harrris Marlborough
    A manly scent can be defined as a scent that smells like a He man does. D.R. Harris Marlborough smells like a combination of:
    • Burnt ashes
    • Old cigarette butts
    • Tar
    • An undefined whiff of old sweat and testosterone
    No woman would ever call such a combination anything but very masculine, not necessarily attractive but definitely masculine.
    The really weird thing is that I've begun to like it.:blink:

9. Bhugo

Bhugo Contributor

Ha! Spectacular!

10. My favorite. I’ve worn GG since 1973.

11. I agree, it's one of the most manly frags out there.

12. I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but if manly is what you are after, check out Nasomatto Duro. Think leather jacket with woody notes and a little spice. Fantastic.

13. Master's Challenge a/s ,nothing metrosexual about it and it hangs around all day.It currently goes in and out of production as a special edition scent.

14. Dunhill for Men ('34)
    Old Spice
    Safari
    Tabac
    Guerlain Vetiver
    English Leather (Original and Lime)
    Aramis
    Taylor of Old Bond Street - Mr. Taylor's
    Carrol's Royal Briar
    Bacchus
    Pinaud Clubman (Original, Special Reserve, Whiskey Woods)
    Brut

15. Hmmm... I use the soap / aftershave pretty regularly. Might just have to try the cologne at some point.

I see people mentioning "Brut" on this list, but to me Brut is the scent of 16 year old kids spraying it all over a high school bathroom to attempt to hide the scent of cigarettes in the stalls.

Related: Brut doesn't actually cover up the scent of cheap cigarettes.

16. Azzaro pour homme is manly. No doubt about it.

Also mentioned Zino Davidoff and Guerlain vetiver and Tsar.

17. Chanel Antaeus has manly in spades!

18. REV579

REV579 Contributor

Hoppe’s No. 9

19. Paul Sherman splash is wonderful. Great fragrance