What's new

Man-ly Fragrances?

@luvmysuper, you are absolutely right sir, I feel if we can change the talk little bit as to what fragrance is more appealing to women and why, and likewise which fragrance is appealing to men and why. That may produce more interesting replies.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
@luvmysuper, you are absolutely right sir, I feel if we can change the talk little bit as to what fragrance is more appealing to women and why, and likewise which fragrance is appealing to men and why. That may produce more interesting replies.

That is an excellent way to word the question sir.

In the old west days people like Wyatt Earp or Doc Holliday most likely wore lilac, lavender or rose water or Florida water was popular then so dose a floral sent make you unmanly manliness is not in a fragrance

Last edited:
One of my favorite scents is Midnight Oud by Julliette has a Gun. A women's fragrance. Also a women's scent, Bandit. Among my other favorites are Kouros, Lapidus and Quorum, all macho masters. For me, it's all about what I feel like.

I have been using Fahrenheit for almost 20 years, in cologne and AS and more recently, Terre d'Hermes. Those are my Friday scents.

I think Old Spice is a common and recognizable fragrance closely associated with the concept of what a man should smell like. At least in American culture.

Odd it was originally marketed to women.

# 9 aftershave from Phoenix Accoutrements

$9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give a vote to Guerlain's Vetiver and I have been using Azzaro PH and Rive Gauche (original tin can formula) lately too. They're all very great scents. And although RG isn't a very old fragrance (launched in 2003 for men I believe) it has that classic barbershop smell that I really like. It may be my favorite of the three I mentioned followed by Vetiver and then Azzaro. I have heard that the new version of RG in the square bottle labeled as "La Collection" is pretty faithful to the original but not 100% on point. If you can find it at a good price in the original formulation then go for Rive Gauche. It is a truly excellent fragrance.

I will give a vote to Guerlain's Vetiver and I have been using Azzaro PH and Rive Gauche (original tin can formula) lately too. They're all very great scents. And although RG isn't a very old fragrance (launched in 2003 for men I believe) it has that classic barbershop smell that I really like. It may be my favorite of the three I mentioned followed by Vetiver and then Azzaro. I have heard that the new version of RG in the square bottle labeled as "La Collection" is pretty faithful to the original but not 100% on point. If you can find it at a good price in the original formulation then go for Rive Gauche. It is a truly excellent fragrance.

I have and enjoy all three. (The RG can bugs me a bit, as it felt used when it was new.) Great scents.

I have and enjoy all three. (The RG can bugs me a bit, as it felt used when it was new.) Great scents.

It's funny you mention that because I thought the same thing when I opened the box. My guess is that since we're so used to our fragrances being in glass the original tin can bottle of RG feels under filled when it's actually just the bottle that weighs less.

Wow. I lost track of this thread. So many responses. I'll never be able to check them all out. Thanks!!

what? No love for the Sex Panther? Im disappointed!

My current manly scent is Dyptique Tam Dao

Once I am through with that bottle I will be searching for something a bit more welcoming. I liked a Burberry cologne but cannot remember the name so I will have to dig for it when I am ready.

Top Bottom