What's new

Man cave

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Didn't know where to put this post, but since it's outdoor related I thought I'd drop it here.

Since I closed my business I thought I'd do a little redecorating in the office. Took down the required licenses and my certifications from the wall and put up some new stuff. It is readily apparent that I need to paint.

Sorry for the bad pic., but it was dark and the only lighting was the incandescent bulbs in the office light.

Top to bottom:

Two Abu Garcia ultralight reels and rods.
SWMBO's Zebco 33 Slingshot that was advertised as a girly rod and reel that she picked up just because she wanted to.
Dad's old Langley Streamlight 311
Dad's old Mitchell 300
My Zebco 33 from when I was a kid
And another Mitchell 300 that I haven't got a rod for yet
Then a Bear compound bow on the left

All my firearms are in the safe except for the one I have in the desk, or in the nightstands in the bedroom...can't leave them on display now or you run a risk of theft. Can't even leave them on a rack in the back window of a pickup truck anymore.

The office smells like WD-40, Hoppes #9, and pipe smoke.

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Hm. Needs swords, deer heads, enemy helmets, girlie pinups, etc.

AA

You are entirely correct, I do need to work on my decor a bit more. I'll get back with you later after I've had time to do some things. I do have a pipe rack and tobacco cellar in there though.

Stay tuned.

Very Cool! You need to grab an old Garcia Rod for that 300, and look for the brown travel tube that goes with it.

You are off to a good start. I suggest adding an easy chair, some good books and a mini fridge. Also, if you have any fishing lures from childhood or that belonged to your father or grandfather mount them in a shadow box for display. Maybe a cartridge board too.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You are off to a good start. I suggest adding an easy chair, some good books and a mini fridge. Also, if you have any fishing lures from childhood or that belonged to your father or grandfather mount them in a shadow box for display. Maybe a cartridge board too.

I have a mini fridge in there, and an antique desk with a banker's chair, a 1948 Royal typewriter, a pipe rack and tobacco cellar, and I do have some old lures in the tackle box I need to go through.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
A tin sign with all the Winchester cartridges... Remington might have had one, too.

Aa

I have ran out of wall space. I was thinking about putting my DE, SE, and straight razor collection that I made shelves for that's in the master bedroom in there...but no room. The master bedroom is pretty big.

The master bedroom also has a wood burning stove in it, and some French doors that open to the back deck and has a view of the woods on the other side of the backyard fence through the windows, but I think I'd run into major opposition if I tried to turn that into a man cave. :biggrin1:

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Hey, I did just take down the State sales and use tax certificate over my file cabinet (that I was required to put up even though it was a home office...stupid regs.) and that is enough space to put up a small cartridge tin sign, and maybe a pin up girl.

proxy.php

And I could take down the stuff on my brag wall...diploma, awards and such. That would free up enough space for a buffalo head!

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That's the one you caught on the 30-pound monofilament line, right?

6 pound line...on an ultra-light rod and reel. It was braided line though. This reminds me...I have some buffalo meat in the freezer I need to cook.

I just ordered this tin sign. Measured the wall space above the file cabinet and it will fit perfect in the space where the sales and use tax cert. was hanging...plenty of space even though the tax cert. was much smaller. Now I need to figure out where to put the pin-up girl.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
6 pound line...on an ultra-light rod and reel. It was braided line though. This reminds me...I have some buffalo meat in the freezer I need to cook.

I just ordered this tin sign. Measured the wall space above the file cabinet and it will fit perfect in the space where the sales and use tax cert. was hanging...plenty of space even though the tax cert. was much smaller. Now I need to figure out where to put the pin-up girl.

proxy.php

THAT's what I'm talking about!

Way cool! (And I don't even own one. Just always wanted one).

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Pulled out three old traps from my stockpile, and got Dad's old hand drill out of the shed. I thought I'd hang the traps next to the bow, and put the hand drill and Dad's old wooden level up on the pegboard I have in there that has common hand tools on it right now. The pegboard used to have firearms on it before I got a safe.

Comments, criticisms?

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

And since my firearms are in the safe, I was thinking about getting a replica like this along with a Winchester 1897 pump riot shotgun, Colt Police Positive Special, a Detective Special, and a replica Government 1911.

Last edited:
Our house in France does actually have a cave, as in cellar. Currently all it has is dust and bat droppings, but luckily the bats are gone now. When we retire there, it will be a true man cave as I will fill it with wine as the original builders intended(!)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Pulled out three old traps from my stockpile, and got Dad's old hand drill out of the shed. I thought I'd hang the traps next to the bow, and put the hand drill and Dad's old wooden level up on the pegboard I have in there that has common hand tools on it right now. The pegboard used to have firearms on it before I got a safe.

Comments, criticisms?

View attachment 941736

And since my firearms are in the safe, I was thinking about getting a replica like this along with a Winchester 1897 pump riot shotgun, Colt Police Positive Special, a Detective Special, and a replica Government 1911.

This thing is getting done up in style!

Though seeing traps and a cat-leg at the same time is unnerving … after seeing that coyote run past me, I kind of understand traps now. Miculek couldn't have shot it!

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Bullet board came in.

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

Got a few of the traps cleaned up and hung.

DSC_0006 (2).JPG

I think I'll leave the flag from Dad's military funeral and the shadow box I made him for his medals and such from WWII where they are at.

DSC_0009 (2).JPG

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Nice!

There IS a keg-erator, right?

Ah. Not going to show it … family-friendly and all that. Gotcha!

AA

Top Bottom