What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Mammoth Tooth and Shavemac D01 Silvertip

This was the hardest piece of tooth I have ever worked with 🤬...4 ceramic belts and lost count on the sand paper...The T&M I have into this brush is ridiculous...But I like to challenge myself once in a while. 20210324_164156.jpg 20210324_164119.jpg 20210324_164535.jpg 20210324_164819.jpg

Nice looking handle!
Are the fissures a problem that need to be sealed or filled? Is it stable like that?
Yes they are a problem...I used an entire bottle of CA glue while shaping it....Mammoth Tooth is about as stable as a Waterbed and it could come apart tomorrow or last ten years...Time will tell.

I only know the material from knife handles which are obviously only thin slabs. I have never seen such a big piece used.
If you epoxy a mammoth tooth scale to some micarta it will work Great...Having a 28mm hole 18mm deep at the top probably will cause me problems...I have used it in my knife handles alot,but I don't know if anyone has made a brush handle with it.

Top Bottom