What's new

Mamba 70 Pro Tips?

I've been through several shaves with my Mamba 70, and they've just been... okay. I have had better results with my poor, unnamed Van der Hagen razor from the kit that was marked down at TJ Maxx.

I used the VdH razor for several months, sure, but the misaligned blade was annoying to mess with every blade change.

I initially tried the same, moderate angle I used with the VdH.

That didn't work the first couple shaves, so I went steep. That really didn't work. The blade did not cut well.

I have tried shallow, but I'm not sure how shallow is SHALLOW. I'm about to mess around with riding the cap even harder (no pressure, just a figure of speech) and see if that works out, but it feels so foreign!

From what I've read, the Mamba 70 is a pretty good razor! Got any tips on using it?

Thank you in advance!

Lay it flat on the face handle perpendicular.

With zero pressure gently bring the handle shallow till you feel the razor cutting the whiskers. It's around 15 to 20 degrees. The Mamba is a very efficient razor, the Mamba 70 more so. Don't get impatient and push it in the face. It is not a steep angle shaver.

I forgot to mention that I only shave my neck and a small part of my cheeks. I keep my beard to my jaw line.

I'll try the perpendicular-to-shallow method tomorrow, thank you luv2shave!

Lay it flat on the face handle perpendicular.

With zero pressure gently bring the handle shallow till you feel the razor cutting the whiskers. It's around 15 to 20 degrees. The Mamba is a very efficient razor, the Mamba 70 more so. Don't get impatient and push it in the face. It is not a steep angle shaver.
Big thanks for this!
I had recently gotten a Mamba 70 and was giving myself seven shades of razor burn hades with a side of weepers and nicks until I saw your tip.

For me besides being patient, to get the right angle and pressure, it feels like I'm gently spreading butter on bread if you consider the cap the butter knife. In fact, I sometimes do a double take because it really seems like all I'm doing is gently wiping off lather.
I find that there is not much in the way of audio feedback. In my mind before, I thought not hearing the scrape against the whiskers meant the razor wasn't doing anything.

I should add that I have spent years giving myself razor burn (with Lord L6 & Rockwell 6C) due to not understanding how a razor should work.

Top Bottom