What's new

Mama Bears?

Anyone here know if something is up over at Mama Bears? Also Mod's if this is not the proper place for this thread then please feel free to move/delete. I am still feeling my way around here.

Anyway I ordered a couple of items on Saturday. It was regular shipping CONUS. Her website says she ships out 4 days a week. I left messages for her on her website where it says to contact them. I am just concerened as I have not had a reply, and my order status is still at "processing".

Before anyone ask "did you call?". Yes I called I only get a recording mentioning their hours from Memorial day to Labor day. I left all my info.

If anyone knows if there are issues please let me know. I thought I saw someone mention that their place had burned down earlier in the year or something so maybe they are still getting back on their feet from that. It is all good, but there wasn't a problem with the money leaving my paypal account. I would just think there would be more communication, and / or something on the website mentioning order delays, etc... If there are issues.

PR

Sue runs this on her own. As an individual I imagine that sometimes things prevent her from responding immediately. HOWEVER, she is excellent to work with. Once I have had to wait a bit but it is worth it. Sue is a first class person. Give her a bit of time, and slack and you will be pleased.
Steve

According to her Facebook page, her site was hacked and so it is down for maintenance while she deals with this. I'm thinking this may be the cause of the delay.

I ordered a few months ago and she DID have someone helping her. There was a oops on their part and my order was shorted a soap. The issue was I ordered 2 of the Czars choice menthol and they only sent one. Some how it ended up taking a month to get everything straight and by that time they were out of the menthol :( She ended up sending me a grapefruit ice :) but like I said it took a month and it was not really what I wanted. I understand sometimes things come up. All of the other orders I have placed with her have been GREAT! Try to PM her through this site instead of her site.

It sounds like those years of sneakily making quality products and building the shaving community's trust has finally paid off, and you've been bamboozled!

Hahaha! I am not worried about my order as far as thinking I got ripped or anything. Just new to the whole wet shaving arena and anxious to receive the items I ordered. I did email her both before and after the site got hijacked. Also called her number and left a message, etc. I know it will eventually get here. :001_smile

You do get spoiled with sites like Amazon, Ebay, or even other private vendors who ship within a day or two of ordering. My order at Mama Bears is still in processing stage. Just thought it would have been nice to receive an email or something that would make a note that maybe they "make to order" or something. Like I had said in another thread there is nothing on the website that stating anything other than they ship 4 days a week for US for the products I ordered.

Anyway I ordered a couple of cologne splashes to go with some soaps I already have. So maybe the ingredient issue came into play here. Which is fine, I can wait. Was just a little bummed out that I did get a order confirmation, and the money went thru paypal just fine, but still as of now no communication on the order or when it will ship.

Nothing on their site, or throughout the order all the way to an emailed confirmation mentions a delay in the products I ordered. Only place on the site I have seen a mention of a backorder was on the aftershaves. It is written as a warning up top on that page in red letters for that line of products only.

Not worried more as just curious and dang anxious LOL! In fact I plan on trying a few of Sue's soaps here real soon. Just got to make more room in my bathroom. My ole lady is going to kill me as it is. Well maybe... She was curious enough to let me buy her a Lord razor like the one I got.:001_tongu

Oh, you should have added a soap sample or two to your order!

I'm not surprised you're anxious about your order, considering you haven't gotten any response back yet, but sometimes this kind of thing is to be expected with a one-person business because life has a way of throwing us curve balls. At a bigger business, if one person gets sick or there's a personal emergency it's business as usual, but with this type of business it can stop everything for a few days.

Hahaha! I am not worried about my order as far as thinking I got ripped or anything. Just new to the whole wet shaving arena and anxious to receive the items I ordered. I did email her both before and after the site got hijacked. Also called her number and left a message, etc. I know it will eventually get here. :001_smile

You do get spoiled with sites like Amazon, Ebay, or even other private vendors who ship within a day or two of ordering. My order at Mama Bears is still in processing stage. Just thought it would have been nice to receive an email or something that would make a note that maybe they "make to order" or something. Like I had said in another thread there is nothing on the website that stating anything other than they ship 4 days a week for US for the products I ordered.

Anyway I ordered a couple of cologne splashes to go with some soaps I already have. So maybe the ingredient issue came into play here. Which is fine, I can wait. Was just a little bummed out that I did get a order confirmation, and the money went thru paypal just fine, but still as of now no communication on the order or when it will ship.

Nothing on their site, or throughout the order all the way to an emailed confirmation mentions a delay in the products I ordered. Only place on the site I have seen a mention of a backorder was on the aftershaves. It is written as a warning up top on that page in red letters for that line of products only.

Not worried more as just curious and dang anxious LOL! In fact I plan on trying a few of Sue's soaps here real soon. Just got to make more room in my bathroom. My ole lady is going to kill me as it is. Well maybe... She was curious enough to let me buy her a Lord razor like the one I got.:001_tongu

Her Facebook page also noting that her supplier did not ship a certain ingredient she needed in colognes/aftershaves, so this may be part of the problem. Realistically, I don't know what the cause actually is, just guessing after noticing a few bits of info.

As for shipping time, IMO Amazon tends to be one of the slower order-shipping-delivery (using the free SuperSaver shipping, not the faster membership option), but I guess I can't really complain when it's free. Private vendors and eBay sellers tend to be either extremely fast or the middle range of a few days-- unless being shipped internationally, in which case it seems to take forever. lol

Her Facebook page also noting that her supplier did not ship a certain ingredient she needed in colognes/aftershaves, so this may be part of the problem. Realistically, I don't know what the cause actually is, just guessing after noticing a few bits of info.

As for shipping time, IMO Amazon tends to be one of the slower order-shipping-delivery (using the free SuperSaver shipping, not the faster membership option), but I guess I can't really complain when it's free. Private vendors and eBay sellers tend to be either extremely fast or the middle range of a few days-- unless being shipped internationally, in which case it seems to take forever. lol

Actually her facebook only mentions aftershave. Also in her vendor thread here it is only aftershave that is mentioned. On her website the only place that has any mention of a shortage is on the aftershave section, colognes, soaps, etc are all fine. Only the aftershave is marked. Anyway not saying the ingredient issue is not part of the delay problem. Just saying if it is then it has only been stated by Mama Bears themselves to only be affecting aftershaves, and no other products sold on their website.

You also have to admit a little more communication from any seller/reseller to a customer would be expected. I know she has a great business, I also know I am going to be ordering a lot more from them Still customer service goes along way.

I ordered the scents that resembles two of the house of creed ones which I have smelled before (the originals) and absolutely adore! I also because I am a little impatient (could not tell that huh? LOL) I placed my order without getting the shave soap sample. I do plan on ordering it with my next order. I think I can placate my ole lady by getting her some of the handmade soaps that Sue makes. :drool:

Anyway like I said not bashing, just anxious. :001_tt2:

Oh and...Go Bucs!:001_tongu

Last edited:
Ah ok. Admittedly, I only read it quickly earlier today and didn't realize it only mentioned AS.

I know all too well how anxious a person can be in waiting for shaving stuff. Part of why I'm thinking of putting together a list of products available in Tampa Bay stores for what seems to be a growing number of us on the site from the greater TB area.

Last edited:
I have always had slight delays in shipping with Mama Bear, but nothing too crazy. I have received all my orders within a week. Believe me, her stuff is worth the wait!

I've had the same issue with Portland General Store. You order, they take your money then nothing (so it seems). But I've always received product within a week. Just spoiled with tracking numbers from other sites!

I'm looking forward to trying Mama Bear, too!

Ah ok. Admittedly, I only read it quickly earlier today and didn't realize it only mentioned AS.

I know all too well how anxious a person can be in waiting for shaving stuff. Part of why I'm thinking of putting together a list of products available in Tampa Bay stores for what seems to be a growing number of us on the site from the greater TB area.

Oh that would be nice!:001_smile

Yeah I am just anxious as stated, never ordered from her yet, and wasn't sure if this has happend before. Part of knowing it will be worth the wait is the problem too...its a now, now, now! world I want my mama bears!!!! LOL :drool:

Thanks for all the replies guys.:001_smile

I ordered a couple of soaps last year and they sent me the wrong order of 8 sample soaps. They were quick to send out the right order after I contacted them and told me just to keep the one that I received as well. Excellent customer service in my opinion.

Mama Bear's is pretty great. I seem to remember seeing a message here on B&B stating that she's discontinued her brick & mortar storefront (am I mistaken?) and is now just online. At any rate, your patience will be rewarded. Once you load enough of the product on your brush, you're in for a nice shave and some lovely scents.

Placed an order with Mama Bear this past monday at 10:01 am - recieved shipping details at 10:18 am. Product was in hand in a mere 48 hrs. Awesome customer service and an even better product!!!

Thanks Mama Bear!!

Top Bottom