What's new

Mama Bear's Shave Soap

obsessis said:
has anybody tried it? I'm about to place an order. There are only 6 types made with EO's, the rest are fragrance oils but the fragrance blends are very interesting. She also makes castile soap (olive oil soap) for regular use.

http://www.bear-haven.com/page3.html

Just an FYI - stay away from clove oil in a shaving soap.... it can burn like a ****. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Yo Joseph,

I have send you something like this already, though cut in half to test out.
I already emailed her I think she sells on ebay aswell. how big the soaps are.
what shocked me was I got almost the same looking soap but from a UK seller.
I send you the Bayrum version and the cedarwood version. Do a review if you can I still dont have a digital camera so I cant do any till I get a cam...though I can paste ebay pics from the soaps.. but not of the lather that sucks.

Mama Bear soap is really incredible! Tons of great slick lather. I highly recommend them. I have three different scents, all of which lather up great, and smell amazing! I have tried a lot of e-bay soaps... this tops them all by a land slide! I would be shocked if anyone were disappointed in this soap. Let me know what you all think. She has some really interesting scents available... makes it tough to narrow down.

Drew

I agree with Cutthroat; so many choices, I didn't know where to start ordering. Oh, well when in doubt, run to stcharleshave.

Marty

I absolutely love their soaps.

Incredible fragrance, efficacy, lather-ability the list goes on. Top it off with a wonder individual who cares about her customers and takes great pride in her product. You can't go wrong with this one.

One of my favorites is the Rosemary Peppermint. Enjoy!

in my view mama bear blows St. Charles out of the water. I was not really impressed with the St. Charles soaps. I agree, rosemary mint is a great offering from MMB... but there are about 10 others that also sound great. Restraint... I must exhibit restraint :drool:

Drew

Steve-
in the name of spreading good will (or because I'm an idiot :bored: ), I sent two of them to fellow members for just the cost of shipping. Those two were lilac/lavender and Christmas Forest (pine). Both of them smell amazing, as does my remaining cake, rosemary mint. Since I purchased those three, she probably has another 10-15 scents available.

Drew

Just placed an order with Mama Bear on the strength of this thread. I ordered: Dragon's Blood, Christmas Forest, Elements of Bamboo and Celestial Water's. Anybody got any experience with these particular scents? I was also interested in Hydrogen and Lilac and Lavender, are there any other fragrances you would recommend?
I found the owner of the company to be friendly and very helpful, as long as the product lives up to the hype, and given the sheer number of positive reviews I have seen for Mama Bear soaps I am sure it will, I can see myself becoming a regular customer. It's going to take a lifetime to get through all the different scents though!
Warm regards,
Alex

Excellent choices Alex,

I enjoy all of those you've listed (with Dragon's Blood and Rosemary Peppermint being the favorites) except the forest - it will be on my next order. I also highly recommend Charles' soaps. I've yet to receive anything but an exceptional shave with them.

I like the way the dragon's blood smells but it seems to tingle on my skin. I think I might have a slight allergic reaction to one of the ingredients. Or does anyone else have that as well? (Other than that it's good stuff)

LX_Emergency said:
I like the way the dragon's blood smells but it seems to tingle on my skin. I think I might have a slight allergic reaction to one of the ingredients. Or does anyone else have that as well? (Other than that it's good stuff)
No tingling here. I'd give it another try. You may very well be correct about an allergic reaction. I personally can't use anything with cucumber extract in it without getting a nasty reaction.

Is the only place to order MamaBears Ebay? Tried a Google search didn't come up or at least didn't recognize it. Does she have a website?
Mike

AJS said:
Just placed an order with Mama Bear on the strength of this thread. I ordered: Dragon's Blood, Christmas Forest, Elements of Bamboo and Celestial Water's. Anybody got any experience with these particular scents? I was also interested in Hydrogen and Lilac and Lavender, are there any other fragrances you would recommend?
I found the owner of the company to be friendly and very helpful, as long as the product lives up to the hype, and given the sheer number of positive reviews I have seen for Mama Bear soaps I am sure it will, I can see myself becoming a regular customer. It's going to take a lifetime to get through all the different scents though!
Warm regards,
Alex

Alex
How did you organise shipping to the UK? I've looked all over the site but can't find a mention of it. It seems to just add $4.50 as a flat shipping fee to the paypal basket.

John,
I emailed Sue to ask if she would ship internationally. She said she could but hadn't done it regularly because of the cost, she said that it would be $8 plus $1 dollar per soap. I replied that this was fine and at her request sent an email with my order and she sent me a paypal invoice through my email account. This might sound like quite a bit of hassle, but she couldn't have been more helpful or any friendlier, and considering some of the mercenary price gouging that occurs with some companies shipping costs, $12 isn't that bad. The order was sent last Wednesday and should take about a week to arrive.
Warm regards,
Alex

John,
BTW, as long as you don't mind me asking, what partcular varieties were you interested in? Personally, I found it very hard to narrow down the list of possible candidates when making the selections for my initial order; whilst I am aware that shaving is a personal and very subjective experience, it would be interesting to know what criteria other gentlemen use when selecting for a new product.
Personally, I found the description of the Hydrogen soap to be very interesting, and whilst I am annoyed that I didn't include it in my order it does give me an excuse to order a second batch of soaps hot on the heels of the first:wink:
Warm regards,
Alex

Top Bottom