What's new

Mama Bear's Shave Soap

AJS said:
I found it very hard to narrow down the list of possible candidates when making the selections for my initial order
Don't even try. Order one of each.:biggrin: They all sound incredible. I just placed another order:

Dragons Blood Shaving Soap
Christmas Forest Fragrance Shaving Soap
Autumn Afternoon Fragrance Glycerin Shaving Soap
Bay Rum Fragrance Shaving Soap
Cool Citrus Basil Fragrance Shaving Soap
Sandalwood Vanilla Shaving Soap
Somali Rose Shaving Soap
Sleigh Ride Shaving Soap
Sweet Grass Shaving Soap
Eucalyptus 100% Natural shaving soap
Rosemary Mint 100% Natural shaving soap
Vetiver Fragrance Shaving Soap
Egyptian Musk Fragrance Shaving Soap

Hi Rik,
I suppose it is pointless trying to narrow the choices down. Seeing as you seem to be a Mama Bear veteran, have you tried the Hydrogen yet? If so what is it like? I don't know why but I seem to be inordinately interested in this particular fragrance.
As for my first order, while they all sound good, it is the Elements of Bamboo that interests me the most. Have you any experience with that one?
Warm regards,
Alex

Greetings Alex,

I don't have the either of the soaps you mentioned. I've yet to try fragrances with a dominant fruit base. It's not that they don't appeal to me but the others had a greater appeal. If you do pick up the Bamboo, I'd love to know what you think of it.

Rik said:
Don't even try. Order one of each.:biggrin: They all sound incredible. I just placed another order:

Dragons Blood Shaving Soap
Christmas Forest Fragrance Shaving Soap
Autumn Afternoon Fragrance Glycerin Shaving Soap
Bay Rum Fragrance Shaving Soap
Cool Citrus Basil Fragrance Shaving Soap
Sandalwood Vanilla Shaving Soap
Somali Rose Shaving Soap
Sleigh Ride Shaving Soap
Sweet Grass Shaving Soap
Eucalyptus 100% Natural shaving soap
Rosemary Mint 100% Natural shaving soap
Vetiver Fragrance Shaving Soap
Egyptian Musk Fragrance Shaving Soap
Holy cow! this must be good SH#!*t, Oh I mean soap. Cheers, DJ.

It's an exceptional bargain. Incredible fragrance and lather properties for only $6 per 4oz container. And to top it off, Sue's a very nice person who stands behind her product. For me it's a win-win situation. :smile:

AJS said:
John,
BTW, as long as you don't mind me asking, what partcular varieties were you interested in? Personally, I found it very hard to narrow down the list of possible candidates when making the selections for my initial order; whilst I am aware that shaving is a personal and very subjective experience, it would be interesting to know what criteria other gentlemen use when selecting for a new product.
Personally, I found the description of the Hydrogen soap to be very interesting, and whilst I am annoyed that I didn't include it in my order it does give me an excuse to order a second batch of soaps hot on the heels of the first:wink:
Warm regards,
Alex

Hi Alex

Initially I've narrowed my selection down to:
Bay Rum
Bergamot & Chamomile
Bitter Orange Orchid
Bluebonnets & Wildflowers
Cool Citrus Basil
Tahitian Vanilla
Beau Brummel
Eucalyptus

It's difficult to know where to stop, the flavours on offer here are overwhelming. My selection is mostly stuff can't get elsewhere though but I'm not sure if I'll actually order all of those. I reckon I have a few years worth of soaps/creams already!

rtaylor61 said:
Rik,

It would be great to hear your thoughts on the Egyptian Musk once you have had a chance to use it.

Randy
I should have it in my hand plus a few samples of other fragrances by the end of the week with a review not far behind.

AJS said:
John,
BTW, as long as you don't mind me asking, what partcular varieties were you interested in? Personally, I found it very hard to narrow down the list of possible candidates when making the selections for my initial order; whilst I am aware that shaving is a personal and very subjective experience, it would be interesting to know what criteria other gentlemen use when selecting for a new product.
Personally, I found the description of the Hydrogen soap to be very interesting, and whilst I am annoyed that I didn't include it in my order it does give me an excuse to order a second batch of soaps hot on the heels of the first:wink:
Warm regards,
Alex

Alex,
I just got a tub of Hydrogen, among 5 other scents - and it is truly outta this world. I enjoyed it so much - I called mamma bear to express my praise, and request she make our forum a cologne of it - and possibly other scents! Suffice to say - the hydrogen is really exceptional - a VERY, VERY clean/fresh scent.

Thanks for letting me know about the Hydrogen Joel, something tells me I am going to love that scent. I was going to wait until the first batch arrived before placing a second order, but where's the fun in that?
If the cologne thing is certain then may I request we try Hydrogen as well as Celestial Waters?
Look forward to your reviews.
Warm regards,
Alex

I used MMB rosemary mint today, and let me tell you, especially in the warm Chicago area, that stuff is a real treat. Great scent and great cooling properties. I am always impressed with how good the lather is with her soaps (I've tried several, and the lather has been equally good with all of them). I always assume the tallow based soaps must be better, until I use her soap again, and then realize that it's really a pretty even fight.

Drew

Austin said:
Today is the first time I have been to her site. I am overwhelmed at her selection. :eek:

Andrew,
A couple of recommendations if I may - the rosemary mint, sweetgrass, and Hydrogen are all scents that you'd be pretty hard pressed to dislike. The sweetgrass in particular is REALLY original, very interesting, and quite a treat. It took me a little while to warm up to the sweetgrass, but it is really interesting.... in a good way :smile:

joel said:
Andrew,
A couple of recommendations if I may - the rosemary mint, sweetgrass, and Hydrogen are all scents that you'd be pretty hard pressed to dislike. The sweetgrass in particular is REALLY original, very interesting, and quite a treat. It took me a little while to warm up to the sweetgrass, but it is really interesting.... in a good way :smile:

Joel,

Do you know if the Mama Bear Sweetgrass is anything like the Nancy Boy Sweetgrass scent [available in the bath bar and hand soap]?

PottyDoctor said:
Joel,

Do you know if the Mama Bear Sweetgrass is anything like the Nancy Boy Sweetgrass scent [available in the bath bar and hand soap]?

No idea - I haven't tried nancy boy, sorry. :frown:

Has anyone tried the Beau Brummel? I would be interested in hearing a review if someone has.

Looking at its ingredients, wouldn't the Spice fragrance potentially be a little rough on the skin?

I was just about to start my shave when a knock at the door summoned the arrival of the postman and my Mama Bear Soaps were finally here. When I say finally I don't mean that they took a long time to come, they were actually very quick, but given the amount of interest this thread has generated it seemd like I had been waiting for an eternity. I think I listed the fragrances I ordered earlier in the thread, suffuce to say they all smell great. Without lathering, my favourite so far is the Celestial Waters, a lovely sweet, floral scent which is also very fresh. I will be off for my shave now so I will let you know how they perform later.
Warm regards,
Alex

Joel,

About to place an order w/Mama Bear today..The Rosemary mint would remind me of Nancy Boy signature scent. Is it similar? Just when I think I can take a break and enjoy the products I have, one of these damn threads comes along and forces me to spend more $$ :biggrin:

thanks for the info

MMB Rosemary mint is somewhat similar to Nancy Boy shave cream (signature scent). I used these two products on back to back days earlier this week, which is a great summer-time duo. To me, NB definitely smells of lavender, which the MMB obviusly doesn't. But the two scents are of similar themes. As you've probably read, I am a big fan of MMB soaps... rosemary mint being no exception.

Drew

Top Bottom