What's new

Mama Bear vs. Arko Stick

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I love my Arko Stick but am intrigued by Mama Bear's Aged Spice stick due to it being Old Spice like.
I face lather and was wondering if anyone has used both and can compare performance.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Arko and Mama Bears soaps (any scent) are both soaps that I like a great deal. The great thing about the latter is that your choice of scents is very large, with all of them being great performers.

I love the Rose scent that Mama Bear has. Smells just like a rose should smell. And the lather you can get from those glycerin soaps is amazing. Hard to believe it's glycerin.
Arko is a decent soap if you like soap-scented soap. But there are so many soaps made much better!

Enjoy it.

ylekot

I rate arko 10 times better than MB!

MB is just melt and pour with added scents...all of which burned or irritated my skin!

Thank you for that insight! I shall be careful as I have slightly sensitive skin.

Reactions: nav
I’m not sure if I’m allowed to offer free stuff, so please let me know if I’m violating the rules, but I’ve got a few samples that I’d gladly send your way. Just PM me your address.

Its been a few years since I shaved last and I have used both Arko and Mama Bears, especially Aged Spice, and I can honestly say the only thing that sucks about Mama Bears is that she offers so many different fregrances you'll spend more than you intend to on your order. They are different beasts but I got better shaves from Mama Bears. You should also try the Beau Brummell. I had it brought back!

ylekot

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to offer free stuff, so please let me know if I’m violating the rules, but I’ve got a few samples that I’d gladly send your way. Just PM me your address.
I have shipped out blades and such. I don't think it's an issue as long as you are not trying to sell outside of the BST. PM inbound!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’ve only used the unscented menthol Mama Bear (Polar) and enjoy it with lots of water. That’s how I use ARKO!, too, and it’s also awesome that way.

The only scented sample of Mama Bear I have is Nag Champa which smells a little like ARKO! after the citronella has aired out.

Do not know if your skin will like the scenting agents, but Mama Bear brings the slickness (which was my experience with Col Conk Bay Rum - smells and performs heavenly, but my skin won’t let me use nice things more than once a week if I’m feeling risky).

I've used both. I prefer MB. The scent of Arko wasn't "urinal cake" to me as many describe it but more lemon pez. I just found it very drying to my skin and MB always left it feeling great. As others have stated, my problem with MB was there are too many scents to choose from.

Top Bottom