What's new

Mama Bear Vote: Essential Oils

Hi All,

I am ready to make my first Mama Bear shaving soap order, and I would appreciate a quick vote of everyone's top three MB Essential Oil Fragrances.

Thanks,

Mark

Couldn't comment - word is the are all great. Be aware though that it may take a while to get your soap, as Sue is out of town for some time. (See the sticky in the General forum).

Steve said:
What is bergamot like? Does it smell citrusy?

i found this on her website:

Bergamot is named after the Italian city of Bergamot, where the oil was first sold. The oil has been used for many years, primarily for fevers (including malaria), worms, mouth, skin, respiratory, and urinary tract infections. This oil has been used in most major food categories, for perfume, and to flavor Earl Grey tea. Medicinal Properties: Analgesic, anti-infectious, anti-toxic, antidepressant, antiseptic, bactericide, antimicrobial, astringent, antispasmodic, diuretic, digestive, deodorant, expectorant, combats fever
Safety Precautions: Non-toxic and non-irritant. Add to mouthwash, get rid of halitosis. Inhaling from a tissue will counter a cold, decrease PMS or help de-stress. Use with Mixing Lotion for insect repellant. In a massage blend, it lessens fatigue and depression. Use with a carrier for acne and varicose veins. Physical benefits: Acne, Cystitis, Deodorant, Bad breath, Boisl, Colds, Eczema, Flatulence, Flu, Insect repellant, Instestinals.parasites, Mouth infections, Oily complexions, PMS, Varicose veins. Psycho-Emotional Benefits: Help Stress-related disorders, Calming, Lower anxiety, Clear Mild Depression: Regulate appetite; Level PMS mood swings; Lessen anger or frustration; Lower emotional addictions

And this from Aromaweb:

Aromatic Description: Fresh, orange/lemon/citrusy, slightly floral.

I have both the Lavender and the Rosemary&Mint.

Both of these are superb. The Lavender is a soft smelling soap, whereas the Rosemary&Mint is powerful but in a good way. The mint has a tremendous cooling:cool: sensation.

For EO based soaps, I highly recommend the Rosemary & Mint. For FO soaps my favorites are Beau Brummel, Spellbound Woods, Dragon's Blood, and many more.

crackstar said:
me, I've got the Dragon's Blood and Hydrogen scents. Both smell great, but strong!

Jeff

Hydrogen is one of the ones I ordered, I do like strong scents but they have to be fresh smelling.

I was thinking of the rosewood, but I went out to my woodshop last night and sanded a piece of rosewood to smell. Didnt like it much...too sweet and cloying for my taste.

Mark

Of the EOs, I have the Rosewood and Rosemary / Mint. The Rosewood is very sweet, but in a natural way. The RM is simply wonderful, both in scent and efficacy.

John

Bruno, for me, the Dragon's Blood seems to be better than a lot of other scents, because it's very, very spicy. I have pigmentation like a Middle Easterner or North African, so it seems like anything in that fragrance range goes well on me. My brother-in-law is very fair and blond, he goes for lemony, citrusy scents.

Jeff

Top Bottom