What's new

Mama Bear March. Who's with me?

I don't think I'll participate for the whole month. I just spent nearly the entire month of February with MWF. I did start off the month with some Dublin Tweed today though.

Much better lather this morning. Made sure to let a little water sit atop the puck while showering and used a TGN Finest knot. Way better than the Williams-like lather I saw yesterday.

Much better lather this morning. Made sure to let a little water sit atop the puck while showering and used a TGN Finest knot. Way better than the Williams-like lather I saw yesterday.
Congrats! This is the only soap I bloom. Helps with the glycerin "skin" that forms...

That's what I do. I also start with a fairly dry brush. If there's too much water in the brush you end up getting all that airy, foamy mess instead of actual lather.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Never had the "skin" problem with MB. I've had pucks sit unused for 2 years, opened them up and latherer away just like it was brand new. The worst I ever had was a too dry brush; added about 3 drops of water (literally, 3 drops) and it lathered right up with no waiting. Must be magic water around here.

Never had the "skin" problem with MB. I've had pucks sit unused for 2 years, opened them up and latherer away just like it was brand new. The worst I ever had was a too dry brush; added about 3 drops of water (literally, 3 drops) and it lathered right up with no waiting. Must be magic water around here.

You should start selling that magic water! :001_smile
I used to live near the Susquehanna River, not far from the Conowingo Dam! :thumbup:

captp

Our city water comes from Clark's Creek, not the river. Much nicer.

Days 1-3 went to aged spice, I've been shaving with it for almost two weeks now and I simply cannot get enough. If I only grew stubble faster...

March 3
Ye Old Barbershop once again. Will use this till it's gone, or the end of the month, whichever comes first. :001_smile
Added a bit of menthol to the lather and finished off with Glacial Wintergreen!
I also tried not blooming today, as I had gotten away from it with all other soaps except MB. I did not really notice any difference, so expect to continue not blooming.
Enjoy your day!

captp

For day 4 I'm going with Iceberg Ice. It's 31°F out, I needed something to slap me in the face:lol:

Sticking with the sole flavor in my den, Bay Rhum. Went back to the Semogue 1460. This soap just doesn't shine with boar as with badger. Still a slick shave with a nice scent, but I'll go badger the rest of the way.

Finished the week off with Aged Spice again. That makes two straight weeks. As much as I love it, I think its time for a change.

captp

Lime and Bergamot for day 5. I forgot how much I actually liked this scent

Ye Old Barbershop
Finished off with some Special Reserve.
Mama Bear was my second soap purchase ever and has always been a good performer. A bit of sentimental value as well as I learned to shave with DE. I really enjoyed going through all the samples!

The dry brush recommendation is spot on. I really shook any excess water out of the brush before loading and got a denser lather.

Top Bottom