What's new

Mama Bear Lilac and Lavender review

I started a thread here a few months ago inquiring about high-end glycerin soaps. I have used several cheaper glycerin soaps and have been satisfied, but I was curious about the "better" ones out there.

The overwhelming recommendation was for Mama Bear, and I ordered a puck to try. I am just now getting around to trying it, and my initial opinion is very positive.

The scent of the Lilac and Lavender is lovely. I definitely get the Lilac. It isn't overpowering, but it isn't understated either. A very solid floral scent. Exactly what I was hoping for.

I chose a 24mm TGN Finest brush for my first attempt. Approximately 45-60 seconds of loading gave me more than enough lather for multiple passes. Performance is excellent: the lather is slick, stable, and surprisingly protective for a glycerin soap. I got a very close shave with zero irritation from my PAA Bakelite Slant with a fresh Shark Superchrome.

In sum, my opinions:
1. The recommendations I received were correct: Mama Bear is a top shelf soap in terms of performance and scent.

2. Lilac and Lavender is an excellent floral that pairs exceptionally well with the Veg, for those who are chosen.

I can see myself using this soap a lot over the upcoming summer months.

I prefer tallow soaps, but I have heard a lot of great things about Moma Bear soaps.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom