What's new

Making the most of Art of Shaving bottled items

As I have said before, I am a huge fan of Art of Shaving's "unscented" pre-shave oil, so that is something I buy pretty regularly (even at $25 a bottle). I have a few more Art of Shaving items that I don't use every day and I won't necessarily re-stock when I run out. But while I have them, I want to make the most of them.

So, I have a couple of questions for the community:

1. Does the Art of Shaving shaving cream dry out? Do I have to use it up in a certain amount of time?

2. The aftershave gel. The last little bit in the bottle—the pump mechanism just can't seem to draw it out, and I can't figure out how to disassemble it to see if I can pour it out. It doesn't seem to screw off. Any suggestions?

1. I had 8 Tubs of the discontinued Rose Cream and know from experience, after an extended period the Cream will dehydrate. I treated it as a soft soap, it was slightly firmer than QCS Tub Cream & close to the Proraso soaps. Scent and performance were as good, if not better than in its hydrated state. I'd recommend against trying to rehydrate if they dry out, too much time and effort.

2. simply cut the container in half and transfer the gel to a small plastic bowl & lid.

2. The aftershave gel. The last little bit in the bottle—the pump mechanism just can't seem to draw it out, and I can't figure out how to disassemble it to see if I can pour it out. It doesn't seem to screw off. Any suggestions?

too much work and risky procedure.

just get a new bottle.

and take the old bottle to the AOS store with a spare small bottle and ask them to give you some 'sample' from their tester bottle.
if you're nice, they are usually very generous with their samples.

Top Bottom