What's new

Making of Mysore Sandal Soap

Many of you would have heard or used this product. I am a huge fan, and frequently use the soap.

For one it has pure sandalwood oil, hence it is really what a sandalwood scented soap smells like.

This soap is made in a government factory in the Southern Indian state of Karnataka, where sandalwood tree forests, elephants and tigers abound.

I saw this short documentary on how it's made, very interesting to watch how my favorite soap bar is made.

The video narration is in Hindi, unfortunately it will be lost to you. However for anyone interested, its a good watch.

It's a handicraft semi automatic industry. They package a million soaps a day, with the factory operating 24x7 in three shifts.

Enjoy the video!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Many of you would have heard or used this product. I am a huge fan, and frequently use the soap.

For one it has pure sandalwood oil, hence it is really what a sandalwood scented soap smells like.

This soap is made in a government factory in the Southern Indian state of Karnataka, where sandalwood tree forests, elephants and tigers abound.

I saw this short documentary on how it's made, very interesting to watch how my favorite soap bar is made.

The video narration is in Hindi, unfortunately it will be lost to you. However for anyone interested, its a good watch.

It's a handicraft semi automatic industry. They package a million soaps a day, with the factory operating 24x7 in three shifts.

Enjoy the video!

I love the stuff! A local Indian Grocer carries it, so I always stock up (along with Assam tea, nan bread and chapati).

Top Bottom