What's new

Making my own Razor roll

I have been thinking on how to store my increasing number of straights.. not that many about 5 usable, 2 restores and 3 GD - so far.

Living in Hong Kong with a humidity varying between 45-98% and temperature between around 8.40 degrees Celsius and apartment facing the sea where salt blow in and make everything rust... I have become quite fond of Superior Shaves Silicon cotton socks, so i am thinking if I should sew a roll with compartments big enough to fit both sleeve and razor. It odes sound quite bulky though. Another way could be to sew the sleeves right on a double piece of fabric and let the sleeves themselves be the compartments for the razors. Maybe even on leather?

Any thoughts? I am a bit concerned that I am overthinking this though...

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
How about an air tight container? Or maybe a cheap humidor or well made cigar box with slots to hold your socks. There is also a custom case built around the waterproof otterbox called the Alembicase.

Air tight container is what I am using now - I have a pretty tight plastic toolbox where i keep both razors and hones - a dehumidifier at the bottom as well. Quite an unsexy solution ;)

I have been thinking about the humidor angle - I do have a pretty larger (200 pcs) humidor, with only about 20 cigars in it - I wonder if I could let them share space with the cigars (with a divider of course..) that would keep a stable environment...

How about an air tight container? Or maybe a cheap humidor or well made cigar box with slots to hold your socks. There is also a custom case built around the waterproof otterbox called the Alembicase.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I don't think the 70RH you keep your cigars at are good for the razors...I feel your pain. I used a cigar box with Lego dividers for long time. Now I have a purpose made box, with the same Lego dividers...so mine lacks sexiness too.

You got a point there Kentos. Either I smoke up my cigars and don´t refill the humidor or I do someting else.

Hmm, I think I saw a air tight plastic box big enough in the house hold store nearby...

Last edited:
Top Bottom