What's new

Making it Soft

Spent the night out of town. The hotel had soft water. It was... lovely! OMG, it was lovely. The soap lathered with barely a touch, and it rinsed off leaving my skin feel so, soft! It was ridiculous in its beauty compared to what’s going on at my home.

I’m determined. I’m going to do something about my water at home. It’ll be worth it.

Now, how do I go about it? And how much will this set me back? Input needed and appreciated.

Yep, it's amazing how much soft water can sweeten a shave.

Haven't installed a water softener yet but will one day.

Chris

The problem I have with softened water (in a shower or bath) is that it never feels like it's completely rinsed off.
Which is probably good for shaving.

The problem I have with softened water (in a shower or bath) is that it never feels like it's completely rinsed off.
Which is probably good for shaving.
You see, that’s what I always recalled too. But that was not the case this weekend. I’m thinking there’s a sweet spot there somewhere because whatever was going on this weekend was fantastic. Everyone in the family remarked on it.

Enjoy the water softener for me! I’m not at a point where I can get one.

I recently stayed in a very nice hotel with some very soft water. The shaves were soooo slick and nice. Sure wish I could have that experience at home!

Enjoy the water softener for me! I’m not at a point where I can get one.

I recently stayed in a very nice hotel with some very soft water. The shaves were soooo slick and nice. Sure wish I could have that experience at home!
You are exactly at the same point I’m at, except, I’m thinking of plopping down the cash to fix it.

We always have a water softener installed in every house we buy. Used to go through one of the national companies and then got smart and just bought one at Lowe’s and had it installed. Not that expensive and have a happy wife. Is worth it not just in a great shave but makes cleaning the shower, sinks, tub and your laundry is even better as you use less soap. Basic softeners work better than all the fancy alternatives and are far less expensive.

I'm on well water. It was hard to master at first, but once I found the right combo, I can get a good lather with my soaps and brushes anywhere I go.

I'm on well water. It was hard to master at first, but once I found the right combo, I can get a good lather with my soaps and brushes anywhere I go.
Without a doubt. I’m actually not worried about making lather. It was just how soft the skin felt. How... light the water felt.

If I were to do anything with my water I'd put a whole house filter on it. Lots of minerals in the water here which ends up leaving a white residue on stuff. I need to remove that stuff.

Why not both? lol My buddy (mutant hybrid of hippie & civil engr) has both an R/O system for his coffee machine and a whole house water softener, so I will provide you some information offline.

Man! This is quickly becoming a science. I’m into it. Thanks gents.

Not really. It's just a filter you put under the sink. Replace carts when needed. Simple.

proxy.php

Top Bottom