What's new

Making DE blades

How DE blades are made.

To me, this somehow makes the idea of counterfeiting DE razor blades seem even more ridiculous.
Yes I feel like it would be obvious that blades were counterfeited just based on manufacturing quality. Im not saying that it can be done because it has. But they would be of extreme poor quality. And it would take so much volume of product to be lucrative from such an endeavor, its not worth anyones time. Youd be hard pressed to get counterfit blades. Buy from somewhere reputable and youre good to go 👍

I just find the idea of counterfeiting DE blades very amusing. Follow the food chain. They're only a matter of cents for us the consumer, less for the seller, less again for the distributor and even less (dramatically so I would think) for the manufacturer. And for this someone is going to invest in specialized tooling just to sell bootleg DE razor blades of all things? Stranger things have happened though. Glad to be wrong, but I'd have to see the evidence myself.

Rebranding, selling inferior brands as superior brands however could be another issue. I think what people so like to label as counterfeit are more likely to be blades that slipped past quality control. It's not as though EVERY blade produced is scrutinized before it goes out the door.

I just find the idea of counterfeiting DE blades very amusing. Follow the food chain. They're only a matter of cents for us the consumer, less for the seller, less again for the distributor and even less (dramatically so I would think) for the manufacturer. And for this someone is going to invest in specialized tooling just to sell bootleg DE razor blades of all things? Stranger things have happened though. Glad to be wrong, but I'd have to see the evidence myself.

Rebranding, selling inferior brands as superior brands however could be another issue. I think what people so like to label as counterfeit are more likely to be blades that slipped past quality control. It's not as though EVERY blade produced is scrutinized before it goes out the door.
While working at clothing industries for major brands in developing countries, it is common that mid level managers or sometimes even the owners of the "maquiladora" purchase the old or malfunctioning machines and sometimes steal spare parts and supplies to put a external factory to sell their own brand or counterfeit clothes... While with this they doesn´t get crazy rich, they make enough cheese to make the risk worth... Maybe it´s a similar thing here...

Now rebranding, here´s a video of counterfeit Gillette Superthins that were rebranded Laser razor blades

Cheers

Top Bottom