What's new

Making bedding portable?

The title of this perhaps sounds a little strange, so I will elaborate: I am looking for a better way of keeping my bedding together for when I work. I have to carry my bedding with me for my overnight shifts at the firehouse. Right now it is a sprawled out mess in my car, and a PITA to take out and put back in-- not to mention it is susceptible to getting dirty! I was thinking a duffle bag, but the ensemble includes a comforter and pillow-- a bulky proposition.

For such a simple problem I am perplexed as to the solution, any ideas?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
What do others in your field do with their portable bedding?

My suggestion: http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/item-3123od.asp
Tony:
proxy.php
...and I agree with you (good call), on your suggestion of a Cargo Bag! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"A fire department is made up of amazing people...and I greatly respect them all". CBJ

Last edited:
Alright thanks.

A lot of guys keep their bedding in their locker-- however since I am the low man on the totem pole I don't have a locker yet. Probie gets to pack his stuff in and out...

I'd do a light sleeping bag with a camp pillow rolled in it. Sleeping bags usually come with straps and/or a compression sack.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Sleeping bag. Rectangle, not mummy style. And a flat sheet and a pillow. Roll up the works and secure it with two extra long web belts. Tie the two loose ends together for a handle. Easy sneezy.

I do the same. My wife bought me a quilt comforter bag you know that looks like a big zip lock bag that you store away for the season and it works as that was it's intended purpose. Easy to wipe down, hold all my bedding including the pillow and looks tidy.

Legion

Staff member
Nah, take full bedding in a suitcase. It's not like you have to carry it far. And then you just throw the case in the back of the car. Easy to launder. You can leave the case at work when you need to.

Sleeping bags and stuff are fine when you are camping. When you have a cot and a car take bedding.

Nah, take full bedding in a suitcase. It's not like you have to carry it far. And then you just throw the case in the back of the car. Easy to launder. You can leave the case at work when you need to.

Sleeping bags and stuff are fine when you are camping. When you have a cot and a car take bedding.

Lol on the steamer trunk! Knowing the guys they would probably hang it in the bays around bed time....

Been years since I camped, however I might have to look into a sleeping bag.

You kidding, we have better than cots lol, we have actual beds-- well no box springs, but really, really, really soft mattresses that leave you well rested, in a 90 year old with back issues kind of way. lol

He already has a bed. Why sleep on the floor?

The cowboy rolls aren't a bed. They hold a blanket, comforter or sleeping bag and a pillow and it rolls up. The OP wanted a way to carry his bedding all together. This is one way of doing it. Also a big bag will work or a suitcase as have been suggested.

Top Bottom