What's new

Makes me wish I had a grand laying around...

Boy oh boy, Art of Shaving is so cool. Have you heard of their super-cool awesome products? This one is on MY wishlist...:001_rolle

I personaly think all the stuff from AOS is way too overpriced I was at a store of theirs in Dallas and looked at the prices and all I could think was, "Holy cow!!"

I can't understand why the darn thing is so pricy. Is it made out of lightweight unbreakable ceramic, coated with a proprietary titanium alloy or something...? I'm confused...

I bought two tubs of AoS SC and that was enough. The products are OK, but I dislike the oversized tub that contains the same amount as others....and the stuff isn't near as dense. Why anyone would want a razor (especially a M3) priced at $1k is beyond me!

:lol:

OTOH, I did have a very nice shave this morning with AOS lavender shave cream, a Gillette yellow, and my $14 SS.

I can't understand why the darn thing is so pricy. Is it made out of lightweight unbreakable ceramic, coated with a proprietary titanium alloy or something...? I'm confused...

It's made out of sterling silver. Of course, that alone doesn't really justify the price, since virtually every mall on the planet has a sterling silver jewelry shop filled with cheap goodies. Then again, John Hardy and David Yurman jewelry is also sterling, and they sell for a small fortune. I guess it's all in the perceived value of the thing.

I will say that despite its ridiculous price, the AOS nickel Mach3 handle with a barley grip pattern is the single nicest aftermarket handle I've ever seen, and not just for cartridges, but for any blade type. The balance and the finishing are outstanding on that thing, and it gives Edwin Jagger handles, which are truly excellent in and of themselves, a run for their money.

Top Bottom