What's new

Make shaving stick from tub Proraso

Anyone ever tried to make shaving sticks from tubs of Proraso? I have twist tubes and figure I can grate the Proraso and pack it in the tubes. Any thoughts appreciated!

Proraso is soft enough you can just cut up small chunks, spray with a bit of water, then pack it into your tubes.

Try Cella if you have it.

I found this soap to be on the soft side. As a result, I just took the tube and drilled it into the tub to fill the tube. It's covered under the biscuit cutter method in the wiki. I did the same thing with Cella soap.

Proraso is soft enough you can just cut up small chunks, spray with a bit of water, then pack it into your tubes.

Try Cella if you have it.

This works well.
I have made both Proraso Red and Cella.
I also grate Haslinger's Schaffmilche and pack it into a tube.

Sounds easy enough, guess I have a project then. Will be anxious to see the final results. Plan to do this with the Proraso Red and Green.

Slicing/grating harder soaps (sticking them in the freezer to grate without melting some on the grater helps) , or just packing in softer soaps, it all works, with every soap I’ve ever owned.

It worked! Just used the biscuit cutter method and filled two tubes with some left over with the Proraso Red. Will tackle the Green when temps turn warmer. Was much softer than I thought it would be so I could push soap into the tube to fill spaces and level it off.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Yes, I’ve seen that before:

Did it work?

Will try it in the morning. If still really soft, may leave the top off for a few days and see what happens.

It worked! Just used the biscuit cutter method and filled two tubes with some left over with the Proraso Red. Will tackle the Green when temps turn warmer. Was much softer than I thought it would be so I could push soap into the tube to fill spaces and level it off.

Nice!! :a14: :a14:

I'm thinking about going semi-pro with DIY tooling made from a set of metal pipes and a bottle jack.
:lol1:
proxy.php

Top Bottom