What's new

Make March = Croap Month

I feel your pain jkh. Arlington and Provence Sante are calling me.

This morning I lathered up a new small tub of Strop Shoppe "London Morning." An excellent scent.

I am jonesin' bad for a some hard shaving soap. I am taunted by the beautiful scent of Czech and Speak Oxford and Cambridge every time I open the shaving drawer.

Yep, I hear their Siren's song myself. I even pulled out a puck of QCS Green Irish Tweed and thought about breaking the croap only deal but I put it back on the shelf of shame.

Today I broke out the Omega Mighty Midget wonder brush and had a great shave with Proraso Red. On occasion, I get a stellar Sandalwood scent from this stuff. Other times I sense the soap base. Today the Sandalwood was front and center and very nice.

I cannot think of a single shave I've had this month that was even mediocre, they've all been good or better - I'll give the croaps the credit :thumbup1:

Panna Crema & my J.L. Petree Horse/Badger to start my week, a very DFS two-pass with my Schick J1 & Vintage Schick Plus Platinum blade.

My Classic 2 got Medieval on a tub of QCS Rose Otto. Women and children shrieked, cowards averted their eyes, stunned silence fell upon all onlookers....

That is a fine croap and I really like the face lathering combo of the Classic 2 and the QCS. A Gillette New with a Feather blade had me all cleaned up in no time.

Looks like the end of the month will arrive before the end of my Panna Crema. I started the month with ~35grams, loaded heavy, ~1.5-2 minutes every shave, and it doesn't look much smaller :thumbup:. I'm using this exclusively till it's gone... another slick moisturizing lather was had this morning.

QCS Esquire got the call this morning and it remains one of my very favorite lathering products.

IF I ever got down to a reasonable rotation :lol: this one would remain safely in the den.

Panna Crema x2, this morning's shave I used my BG LE 2012 Beehive Horse/Badger and had another good lather. This Afternoon I finally unboxed my White Beehive TSN Shavemac LE Finest and did a maiden lather in my palm, very soft tips with moderate backbone built a very dense & creamy lather... Brush & Croap were great together.

$2013-03-22 13.49.34.jpg

I have spent all of March on this Mystic Waters Irish Traveler. I am a huge fan. DFS after DFS. The lather is incredible. I will post some love in the larger soap section, but 25 shaves and I still have half left. Great time. I signed on to the 3017 thread because I saw the value in keeping to one soap.

Saturday's shave: Cella and a Thater Cream Stout 1 with EJde89 W / Bulldog handle & Derby as the shaving instrument - slick, smooth lather was quietly mowed down :thumbup:

Gene

RR Cumba cheech & the soc 2012 SE got the call today.

been faithful to croap month, and tomorrow cella is on tap to close out the month.

Top Bottom