What's new

Major Noob Question: Where do you keep a shaving soap puck?

What you need, is the Proraso green lather bowl with the handle on the side, I think you will love that. Its nice and deep to put the puk in, and gives you a chance to build up some mighty fine lather.

View attachment 1453990
I got this from pastures when they had a free shipping promo. I use it for my WTP soaps and it does work great. The only thing is that it is larger than I imagined and does not fit in the medicine cabinet with the rest of my stuff. I usually use SV but keep the prorasso mug in my dop bag and break it out every couple of weeks.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I got this from pastures when they had a free shipping promo. I use it for my WTP soaps and it does work great. The only thing is that it is larger than I imagined and does not fit in the medicine cabinet with the rest of my stuff. I usually use SV but keep the prorasso mug in my dop bag and break it out every couple of weeks.

Bigger is always better don't ya know hehe. 😝 And ya, I wouldn't imagine the Proraso shave lather bowl would fit in a medicine cabinet. But, it should fit anywhere under the sink, or say, in the corner of your counter top that is.

For lathering with standard soap puks, that come in their own containers, I recommend Captains Choice lathering bowls for that stuff. But for williams mug puks, or any other mug puk, I do recommend that Proraso bowl, and the main reason why, is its not too wide of a bowl, so it fits those smaller puks with ease.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I don't store refill pucks in small containers because all I do is take my pocket knife and cut some fine slivers off the puck into my lather bowl for about 2 shaves. I like that amount of soap because it is not wasteful and just press shavings into the bowl and leave the main puck in the packaging it came with seems to work for my self over the last 5 years.
Nothing wrong with storing hard refill soap pucks in small containers either but every one likes their storage system to work a certain way IMO.
I always did not like to load lather from the puck or soap container it came with because of tap water is not distilled like what soap manufactures use when creating their soaps.
Most folks do not have any issues with loading a brush from soap container for years or decades from what I have read when using hard soaps also!
Lather collage 1 Williams.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I've been using the same old coffee cup for years. When I use up a puck I buy another and throw it in the same cup. Boring for sure.

Top Bottom